Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Payment Reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a domain through a third party and a week later they reversed the paypal payment. I emailed [email protected] and they said there was nothing they could do. There is a process they emailed me a link for http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm but those services cost thousands of dollars.

Is there a way to get my domain back?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Was it a TDNAM sale?

TriDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was not a TDNAM sale and GoDaddy said this:

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Dear Richard,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]
Thank you for your email. It appears you entered into a third party agreement regarding the domain name and initiated the account change. As such, we are not able to become involved in this dispute.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Any further dispute over the ownership of the domain name will need to be sent either to the registrant, through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system. Please be assured that if we receive notice of a pending legal dispute we will lock the name so that it cannot be transferred or otherwise modified. Likewise, when we receive a decision we will update the name accordingly. If you file a dispute concerning the domain, please forward a copy to [email protected]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]If you find that you are unable to contact the registrant because information in the Whois database is invalid, such as containing a disconnected telephone number or an undeliverable mailing address, please send a detailed email to [email protected]. At that time we may attempt to contact our customer and request that they update the information.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Thank you,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Undo Department[/FONT]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM Adam he might be able to iron things out.

NicholasN

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Transactions and Paypal:

Sending payments through paypal is like stashing cash in an envelope, sending it to Nigeria and waiting for the guy to transfer the domain to you after he receives it.

Receiving a payment from paypal is like accepting a check in the mail from the Nigerian guy, transferring the domain to him and then depositing the check.

Why will anyone do the above is beyond my comprehension. escrow.com instead, well worth the fees.

TriDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Transactions and Paypal:

Sending payments through paypal is like stashing cash in an envelope, sending it to Nigeria and waiting for the guy to transfer the domain to you after he receives it.

Receiving a payment from paypal is like accepting a check in the mail from the Nigerian guy, transferring the domain to him and then depositing the check.

Why will anyone do the above is beyond my comprehension. escrow.com instead, well worth the fees.

I never learn my lesson. It's just so damned easy. I had a bad feeling about this one too:disappointed: I need to listen to my gut more often.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no 100% secure option for lower-end domains.

You can go though Sedo, but you'll have to park it and it is only a 10% fee (or else it's a $50 minimum also) but can be messy and a bit of work if you're selling a site, plus I don't know how long a domain needs to be parked at Sedo before you get the 10% fee).

Paypal is very unsecure but good if you trust who you're dealing with.

Escrow.com is very secure but expensive and not worth while for domains under $1,000

Not sure about other means but I'd love to see an escrow service that is as secure as Escrow.com but has a fee structure like Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom