Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiny

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just asked if I could manage a big company's domain portfolio, and I took that contract on. But they just asked me today approx what I was looking for in a yearly pay?.....
I really dont know what to say as I have never really took on a companys portfolio, I have only managed my own. I can say at this point it will take a few months of hard work as they want a lot of domains that they dont have yet... meaning buying and possibley having to take lawful action etc.... There portfolio current is made up of approx 450 domains but like I said there is about 250 more domains they want.

So I guess my question is. Do you guys have any background in doing this yourself and what is a reasonal price point?

Thanks for any input you may have

Regards
Stiny

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would say that you should charge a flat fee for managing their current portfolio, which may include renewals and consolidations to a single registrar, if their names are spread out over different registrars.

any future domains that they register, you should do it thru your reseller account, with maybe a $25 regg fee.

any domains that they purchase, you should charge a percentage of the sale, maybe 5 > 10%.

i don't know how much other tasks you would have to manage, unless you are doing website maintenance as well.

price you charge also depends on whether you are working "in-house" or your own location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom