Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain purchased Transaction Time after payment sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I imagine this is discussed to death somewhere, but I can't find it right now... Maybe someone can link me or tell me how long it takes after payment is sent for a domain via PayPal to get my hands on the domain?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never had a transaction go over a couple hours before I recieved the domain.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe he means through sedo. Question asked under sedo subject heading. In which case, in my experience it can take several weeks for the whole process.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ooops! sorry , yes it can take a while at sedo , although the last one I did a few weeks ago it went through in a few days because the buyer took a push at enom and didn't transfer out. As soon as payment went to sedo I got an email asking to push the domain to sedo at enom ,and then they pushed to the buyer .

S

SedoCoUk

Its really a matter of how fast everyone is ready to proceed, where the domain is and to which registrar its going.

No one is dragging their feet on our end so everything is pushed through as quickly as possible. The record for a domain transfer is actually just over 30 minutes : ) (keep in mind that's a record).

Assuming the buyer pays right after the transfer and an internal push is possible the transfer process can be quite painless and brief.

However, not all transfers proceed this quickly. When transfering domains from one registrar to another, for instance, this can add some time as the domain is moved at the discretion of the registrars'. Some registrars have more requirements than others. Nominet, for .co.uk domains, requires paperwork for a transfer.

Our transfer team are experts at escrow and domain transfer procedures. You'll find them quite knowledgible. They'll definitely move things along as quickly as the circumstances of the sale allow.

Jay
[email protected]

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a transaction history for a domain I sold through sedo:

Transaction History:
2005-08-12 Agreement reached

2005-08-12 The buyer of the domain has yet to confirm his personal details and contract type. Every effort is being made to contact the buyer in order to get him to complete this information. Once this has been done, the transfer can proceed to the next stage.

2005-08-19 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.

2005-08-23 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to wait for certain details from the buyer so please be patient during this period.

2005-08-24 In order to facilitate this transfer we need you to push the domain into our account with your registrar. You should have received an email containing the information needed to process this push.

2005-08-26 The domain has been successfully pushed to our Sedo account. We shall now process your payment. Your part in this transfer is now complete, and we shall assist the buyer in taking control of the domain. Once the buyer has control of the domain, the listing will be deleted from your Sedo account.

2005-08-29 The payment has been released and the transfer is now complete.

2005-09-20 This transfer has been successfully completed!

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is mine in this case I am the buyer, please note that I paid within 4 mins of the offer accepted with paypal balance but it took sedo several days to aknowledge payment.

2005-10-28 Agreement reached
2005-10-28 The seller of the domain has yet to confirm his personal details and contract type. Every effort is being made to contact the seller in order to get him to complete this information. Once this has been done, the transfer can proceed to the next stage.
2005-10-29 Please send us your payment for the domain. The invoice for this sale can be found here:
Invoice
As soon as your payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and the technical transfer can begin.
2005-11-02 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to go through certain preliminary stages with the seller in order to prepare the domain for transfer, so please be patient during this period.
2005-11-02 The domain is currently "LOCKED" by the seller's registrar making a transfer impossible. We have informed the seller of this and instructed him on what action to take so that the transfer can be completed.
2005-11-02 In order to verify that the seller does in fact have control of the domain we have requested that he send us an email from the admin-c email address. Once we have received this email we can continue with this transfer.
2005-11-04 The domain is now unlocked.
2005-11-07 Please start the transfer request at your registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom