Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain - Rebuild or attempt to sell to business with same name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bveditz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a website I've had about 9 years. It gets okay traffic, I've done nothing with it for years though (it's a specialized directory site). Anyway, I was considering rebuilding it but noticed something interesting. Apparently someone owns the .com.TLD version of the site which appears to be a multimillion (billion?) dollar business in another country. It's not a name that's common (it just happened to fit with the site I was building at the time), so I know there would be no-one else interested in the site for it's name value so using a broker like sedo/etc. would be pointless. Has anyone else done this where they had one company that might possibly be interested in the name and how did they go about contacting them? Is it even a good idea? Meaning, it was registered long before their domain was and I don't think it would apply as a TM issue, but I wouldn't want to risk it coming across like I'm out to get money for someones name. However, If I could get any real money out of the domain, that would be great... if not then I would rather rebuild it then sell it for it's intrinsic niche website content (which wouldn't be much).

Anyway, anyone have anything similar and what did they do or who did they go to to broach interest with a specific company? The company is not 'english' and very large, so sending them an email myself is probably not advisable and might go no-where. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom