Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain registered. How to use a different hosting company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently snagged a yahoo listed domain using Domain Retriever(great tool & awesome customer service).

My domain lists as #3 on the first page in Yahoo for a tern which is searched 126 times daily. Shows as the first domain on the second page for a term searched 838 times daily per wordtracker word count.

I registered it with namecheap.com. I devoloped a page of content for affiliate marketing. I don't know what to do next.

I have an excellent hosting company which I am completely satisfied with www.your-site.com but my domain is registered through namecheap two days back.

How do I use my hosting company while my domain is still with namecheap??? Is there a way to do that? (I read that you have to wait 60 days before transferring to a different registrar)

Please help a clueless newbie. Step by step directions or a tutorial which deals with just such a problem would be really great.

Thanks

PS: Apologies for double posting again. Should have gone down through the list for the most appropriate forum. Hopefully this is the last double post from me.

Youre hosting company and your domain registration company are not related at all.

Find out from your hosting company what you should use as nameservers, and enter these in your domain record at your registrar.

-t

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hang in there; you'll get the advice you need here.

The members are very helpful.

:cool:

Thanks all for responding so promptly especially whois for spoon feeding me! :)

I had actually panicked that I will not be able to do anything for 60 days. Knowledge is truly power.

Yeah I love this forum. Lots and lots of help plus the right quantity of posts, so as not to overwhelm my mental bandwidth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom