Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Registrars put to the test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now that is research. :phone:

LMAO

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good work done! However, if we're going on American grading scales... I'm unfamiliar with "Grade E" as we go A, B, C, D and F (don't know where E went, quite possibly it could be mistaken for "Excellent"). We do have a Pass/Fail system as well (P/F).

Would you still classify Moniker with a grade E, move it to a grade D or F or change it to a Pass/Fail? :lol:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acro, i know there's a joke somewhere about the E for moniker lol, does that mean they deserved an F but since yanni's song got played (also greek lol....) you moved them to an E (a notch above F, yet below D) ? did i get it ....? or do i also get an F ... LMFAO ?

and surprising results in fact... dynadot, namecheap should've fared a lot better and did terrible..... and old war horses like netsol & register.com did too good in that test imo.... since they suck big time

and superb choice of pic lmao...... now, that's how domainers really look in real life if you ask me ! (tho we're mostly male lol) but still, hot works.... and it's an accurate depiction of us calling moniker support from work at 9 AM on a monday .......LMFAO

:whip:

".........by the end of the call we whistled happily to all four songs, including one by long-haired Greek heartthrob musician Yanni. For the latter, we give Moniker an “E” instead of an “F”........"

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just put Moniker to the test at 9:50 PM JST (8:50 AM EST) and got connected within 10 seconds by not entering my account number and pressing random numbers to talk to someone. Possible trick to get through quicker. ;)

...I find this trick works with most automated systems no mater what department you're trying to get to as it confuses the automation process and connects you to a live person almost immediately who puts you directly through the queue to another live person in the department you're seeking... (banks, retail stores, etc.) ;)

So I would average my experience with yours (A- with an E as a B+) ;)

Apparently, I had my security question as my whois phone number... probably not the best choice. :approve:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
acro, i know there's a joke somewhere about the E for moniker lol, does that mean they deserved an F but since yanni's song got played (also greek lol....) you moved them to an E (a notch above F, yet below D)

You got that right :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The most generic option was chosen when calling, e.g. Support. With regards to Moniker, no customer number was entered; I selected the general support e.g. matters unrelated to passwords and domain transfers.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next time try out pressing the * and # button repeatedly until you're connected to a live person (this works for almost all automated machines). :approve:

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo!

Yeah eNom! :)

If anyone is interested in working with an "A rated registrar" and an "A+ account exec" holla! :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo!

Yeah eNom! :)

If anyone is interested in working with an "A rated registrar" and an "A+ account exec" holla! :smilewinkgrin:

It was bias. :smilewinkgrin:

No, I'm sure you have great service... No Enom account yet though. More old fashion, I stick with one thing. I even installed an 8 track player in my Lexus, Elvis sounds so much better! :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and too bad sedo isn't a registrar and therefore was not tested, if it had been it would've gotten a FFF, if you call gen support it's like a 40-min hold (i normally give up a lot before that) for the us number, i wonder if the germany office is nearly as bad

i wonder if fabulous even has a working 800 # for the us, otherwise it costs a ball to call down under - but i'm sure they're AAA, everybody praises them

and are there still humans using register.com ? lmfao serious, i have traded names in the 100s a few yrs, not once has a name i bought been at register.com, i always thought netsol and register.com were extinct species...... but i actually had a couple of buyers who transferred the names to netsol (what were they thinkin .....)

:phone:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and too bad sedo isn't a registrar and therefore was not tested, if it had been it would've gotten a FFF, if you call gen support it's like a 40-min hold (i normally give up a lot before that) for the us number, i wonder if the germany office is nearly as bad

And as far as wait times, I'd like to thank Johnn for triggering a security hold on my card for an earlier transaction today that put me on hold for about 30 minutes to make two $20 purchases. FFF to him. :lol: (But actually A+ for my banks protection due to my credit limit)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other questions include - how long does it take them to resolve your issue? For example, GD seems to take forever at times but that's because they're too busy trying to sell you domains and add-ons.

I'll wait an extra few minutes on hold if it means the first person can take care of my issue as opposed to a few seconds but then being passed-around like a game of registrar Russian roulette.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other questions include - how long does it take them to resolve your issue? For example, GD seems to take forever at times but that's because they're too busy trying to sell you domains and add-ons.

Takes just as long to renew/register/transfer a domain name with the 100+ up sell popups.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL great video.... only the GD rep usually sounds real young, if I call in the summer they actually sound like hi school kids in Phoenix on their summer break who got a job at YoDaddy reading scripted answers from some screen, and ramming the most expensive GD hosting plan down your throat of course... I had an acct manager who actually sounded hurt (not mad) if I didn't go for some GD product he told me I should have... ?

Even when Support replies to an email (inc Auctions, except for real disputes) they veer from the question and include links to some totally unrelated text in the GD Help section, sometimes it's just absurd, twice for example they included text on how to reset my password and I was asking like why the auction of my domain had been cancelled, another time they told me if I didn't own the domain I'd just sold they'd have to review my acct to see if a penalty applied, when I was emailing them to say like I had pushed that very domain to the other guy. I mean W T F ... (can you say K I D S....?)

I wonder if they get paid by the # of words in an email, or the length of time they manage to keep you on the phone....whether you buy something at the end or not. So next time you contact them you haven't received pymt for your sale expect them to answer you have to wait 60 days to transfer a name out after handregging it...

:bathbaby:

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This was a fun, unscientific test on US registrars. Sure, support might lack in other aspects of their function as a domain registrar, but to many it's important to be able to get a human being on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom