Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P@CkMaN

Hey all,

I've never owned a domain before and I just want to do it properly because I've heard a few horror stories out there and I don't want to become one of them :p

I want to get a domain name that is 100% mine. I've heard stories of people buying through dodgy companies who won't hand over rights when the user changes companies. Also, for the beginning, until I get permenant hosting, I will probably be moving my site around different hosts so I want to be easily able to do that and keep my domain pointing to my site.

A lot of options to play with my domain as well, like unlimited subdomains (sub.domain.com) and little things like that.

Also, any advice for me who's completely new to this?? I'm an advanced web developer but no idea about domains or anything like that.

Thanks for the help :)

S

sheepster

If you are going to register a only a few domains use godaddy.com, they are cheap and good to work with.

If you are going to register bulk domains get an eNom account from someone here (I've got two $7.95 reseller accts avail). You can probably buy a $6.95 reseller account from someone else for around $100 if not get one for free.

Admin your own server. Colo a lease from rackshack.net, or efreeservers.com

Have fun.

Damn the power is flickering here outside San Francisco as I type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom