Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Renting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After the Traffic Avenue debacle, I have become leery of renting my domains. Has anyone had any luck with any descent domain rental sites?

Thanks,
DD

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been using NameRenters for sometime now, but they don't seem to register all of the impressions and have not as of yet made good on the payment when the balance reaches $35 as per their terms of service agreement. I used them because they are owned by Unified Names which owns RegisterFly. Let me know how your search goes.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i hate any company assosiated with regfly

THat includes but is not limited to:

RegFly
NameRenters
ExpireFish
Anymore ?

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nicpal,

Beware with companies under Unified Names.
They in my opinion are very greedy.
They dont have enough money but they want to build everything.
As a result, only Regfly managed to be succesful, and maybe later dodora.com as i can see they are pretty serious with Dodora.

Namerenters is very ugly. They owes me dollars......

be careful with them.....

cheers,
aguss

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am just noticing this, thanks for replying to the post. After I initially posted in this forum I changed the DNS settings to NameRenters for all 200 of my domains names and found that first they are only registering a portion of my redirected hits with their software; they do not pay out the $35.00 minimum after the 45 days payment period as per their terms and conditions; their offer box on the domain landing pages are not functional, and worse their support email does not work. I went to Unified Names website as well as the RegisterFly website yesterday to see if I could get a hold of anyone there, and in their support area they have sections for all of their wesbites RegFly, RegisterEngine, Appraised.com, Expirefish.com, but no NameRenters.com. I know that I have sent thousands of hits their way and need to be compensated for this. Looks like I will have to go up the ladder again to things squared. I keep you posted on what transpires. Thanks.

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nicpal,

My suggestion is for you to quit using namerenters or if you have lawyers you san sue them.

namerenters is a joke.

cheers,
aguss

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I signed up a domain with DomainSponsor and CJ, to see how it works out. That was ten days ago and have yet to hear from them. The domains I used are getting about 5,000 uniques/month, so you would think that they would resond.
Guess I will keep waiting.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Doesn't DomainSponsor advertise on this forum? You'd think they'd be a little quicker....

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well after several days of no reply about the RegFly/NameRenters scenario, I finally got a response which was lackluster at best. RegFly said that they were in the process of integrating NameRenters and RegFly together so that the amounts owed for traffic can be paid directly into the their RegFly account. That's great but shouldn't this have been done when they started to advertise NameRenters and offered the NameRenters DNS for your domains back when they started this off? Moreover, In the NameRenters control panel, it gave this option to get paid out into your Regly account when it was launched. Is anyone even monitoring this site or is just creating traffic for them?

I also commented on how the stats were incorrectly logged via NameRenters and they just wanted to know how I could possibly know this...like I don't know how much traffic my domains get. Unbelievable!

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they told me that like months ago....
in my opinion its a scam....
I can see that in the namerenters member panel, they are now adding

'By popular request, we can instantly add the funds to your RegisterFly.com account so you can use the monies you earned at Registerfly.com for any service they provide(domains,transfers, renewals, hosting etc)'

I never asked for such thing... what about you guys? For me this is totally scam... they just dont want to send out the cash....

unified names is an UGLY company.... better watch out doing business with them.....

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domaindirk
After the Traffic Avenue debacle, I have become leery of renting my domains. Has anyone had any luck with any descent domain rental sites?

Thanks,
DD

I got screwed by TrafficAvenue too. They took 90 days before you could collect and they abandoned the site with $100 of my money. I have done a lot of research on getting income from my domains. That is why I created PPCIncome.com

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As domainer? What features of affiliates would you like to see or have? Please share with your previous experience.

Thank you,
TW

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never used NameRenters, but I noticed from their site today, that their "sample of a parked page" (linked from their home page on NameRenters) is "not found", has errors.. hmm?

Has anyone used: www.DomainParkers.com ?? I used their service recently for a Barbado's travel resource domain site, but ended up selling the site and all within a couple weeks of setting it up on DomainParkers, so not sure of the payout/service etc..
But.. I am interested in others feedback regarding:
www.DomainParkers.com

Nice thread!

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I signed up a domain with DomainSponsor and CJ, to see how it works out. That was ten days ago and have yet to hear from them. The domains I used are getting about 5,000 uniques/month, so you would think that they would resond.
Guess I will keep waiting.

DomainSponsor and even DomainSpa will not accept you if you don't have your domains getting at least 1000 impressions a day.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried out DomainSponsor.com for a couple of weeks and saw very little revenue generated by traffic. Did not care for the site they were directed to. To many annoying pop-ups. That stuff drives people away. Changed the DNS back to the Afternic auction page and cancelled any that were forwarded. Everything went back to normal until today. Now, all the domains that I used for the DomainSponsor test pop up with a fatal error message.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'Keywords.php' (include_path='nbs/inc') in /home/park/nbs/inc/Research.php on line 3

Is DomainSponsor doing this because I no longer wanted to use their service? I emailed them and will wait for their reply.
Some much for domain renting.

Thanks,
DD

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tried out DomainSponsor.com for a couple of weeks and saw very little revenue generated by traffic.

Either you did not wait long enough for the optimization to work or you have names that do not generate the kind of traffic that works well with pay-per-click. That is one of the things that I like about DS, is that it has helped me improve the quality of my domain portfolio.

Did not care for the site they were directed to. To many annoying pop-ups. That stuff drives people away.

There are 2 levels of pops at DS. The highest level is very obnoxious and I will not use it. The lower level is pretty benign and generates about 20% extra revenue for me. You can choose to have no pops at all on DS. Unfortunately, the info on setting up your names at DS is not that good. Anyone who signs up as one of my affiliates (via my site, PPCIncome.com) I will help get past the learning curve.

Changed the DNS back to the Afternic auction page and cancelled any that were forwarded. Everything went back to normal until today. Now, all the domains that I used for the DomainSponsor test pop up with a fatal error message.

Is DomainSponsor doing this because I no longer wanted to use their service? I emailed them and will wait for their reply.
Some much for domain renting.

IF you are back the Afternic DNS, I don't see how DS can affect you, although it usually takes a couple of days for DNS changes to propagate. If you do not get a reply from DS, then PM me and I will give an individual to contact via phone or email.

Thanks,
DD

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Lone Ranger. May leave a cuople there. They were averaging about 6,000/month.

P.S. The DNS finally kicked in and the domains are routing normally. My fault for being impatient. Sorry DomainSponsor.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hello and first of all...great postings... !!

i got stuck big time with traffic avenue...
(escrow on a domain name) and traffic ,but actually the fbi is investigating this....i'm getting every half year or so a message ...don't know it they actually do anything...

registerfly is a enom reseller ....i had very bad moments with them...even if domain names would be free i would not register one with them or use ther other more 'fishy' services...

the best way to make money with your traffic is possibly CJ ..... but let me tell you , it is difficult to get anybody to actually buy anything and therefore get commision...

i myself don't worry too much about traffic anymore ....i lease out my domains...just put up a page with a lease from (linking to paypal subscription) since this type-in is very targeted, your changes are good to get a lease contract.... i even have costumers who are asking me for more domains for lease gambling , movie and music....

i don't get rich on it ,but at least i get some money every month....better then getting stuck by you know who.

wolfis.com

MrsJello

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,

please do not confuse 1000 impressions from 1 domain versus

AVERAGE 1000 impressions for ALL of your redirected domains

DomainSpa is looking for pro's with 1000+ AVERAGE DAILY IMPRESSIONS, NOT CLICKS or for ONE domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom