Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Research Tool -D.R.T.- Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need something to manage my domain portfolio "very easily" such as sorting my domains, categorizing, finding and registering new ones easily, making offers on certain kind of domains, placing domains for sale on auction sites such as afternic, parking management, etc

I may be interested in acquiring some new ones with type-in traffic (if any left) but thats not the main goal.

I do want to "easily" send offers on certain type of domains such as on some cc tlds etc.

I also want something that help get some IDN easily without too much work on my part.

All my domains are at only one registrar at this time and I want to probably keep it that way.

I have come across D.R.T. (Domain Research Tool) and it claims to do so many things including portfolio management.

I am hoping to get some answers from people who use DRT w.r.t. the following:

1. Does DRT work with any registrar in order to register domains? Can I register domains at my registrar via DRT in a snap (in case I find one via DRT).

2. How easy is the DRT usage?

3. What are the advantages of DRT that you are impressed with?

4. Is it worth the price of $250?

5. If its 'must have tool', then can I get it cheaper via any reseller etc?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
Hi,

I need something to manage my domain portfolio "very easily" such as sorting my domains, categorizing, finding and registering new ones easily, making offers on certain kind of domains, placing domains for sale on auction sites such as afternic, parking management, etc

I may be interested in acquiring some new ones with type-in traffic (if any left) but thats not the main goal.

I do want to "easily" send offers on certain type of domains such as on some cc tlds etc.

I also want something that help get some IDN easily without too much work on my part.

All my domains are at only one registrar at this time and I want to probably keep it that way.

I have come across D.R.T. (Domain Research Tool) and it claims to do so many things including portfolio management.

I am hoping to get some answers from people who use DRT w.r.t. the following:

1. Does DRT work with any registrar in order to register domains? Can I register domains at my registrar via DRT in a snap (in case I find one via DRT).

2. How easy is the DRT usage?

3. What are the advantages of DRT that you are impressed with?

4. Is it worth the price of $250?

5. If its 'must have tool', then can I get it cheaper via any reseller etc?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

I have been using DRT since May and its ok IMHO.
The DRT allows you to scan for typos, dropping domains, keywords etc
You can get it cheap at a reduced rate from DNForum members who are selling like Ashaw (search).
Overall I think it is worthwhile to buy DRT if your plan is to remain in the industry.

just my 2 cents

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a great tool. I haven't used it as much as I thought I would - mostly because it takes a fair amount of time to find proxy servers and sort through lists. The program is very quick with lists from Luc's site, but slower processing other lists. It's great to be able to get lists off Luc's servers - but in that case you end up with the same lists as everyone else. Then the software processes the list - and the same domain names show up for everyone (as high traffic domains, valuable domains, etc. It's more valuable if you have custom domain lists you want to process IMHO.

I really haven't scratched the surface using it, and I can't address all of your questions. I'd recommend it - especially when it is for sale without monthly fees added on (which was the case for a time).

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not 100 % satisfied with DRT. Havent found any good domains yet. Not a single domain with ovt w ext after hours of scanning.. Also have big problems finding good (working) proxies.. So i dont feel its worth the money (imo)..
But i guess i have to give a bit time before i know for sure.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen.....all the comments are very helpful and greatly appreciated.

I am basically looking for a tool that "does it all nicely" as I explained above and it is "easy to use". I will make a decision in a week or so.

I must say that I tried to use the free trial version and I was not very impressed.....so I thought may be full version is better.

Thanks again.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a solid tool, but getting solid proxy lists remains an issue.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've send several requests for help with DRT and gotten no response. If I don't get answers soon I will demand a refund as the product doesn't do some things it is advertised as doing.

See http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=166572

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you tried emailing DRT support email? Those with their affiliate links here are not official DRT support. Either PM DNF member "Luc" or email support [at] domainresearchtool [dot] com

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im not 100 % satisfied with DRT. Havent found any good domains yet. Not a single domain with ovt w ext after hours of scanning.. Also have big problems finding good (working) proxies

I can say contrary to that. I've gotten many names, (well at least 4 this year) that I've been able to sell on here for low-mid xxx each. This tool is great. Like every tool, you just have to know how to use it to meet your needs. Because of this tool, I was able to establish a very succesful niche saving some 80% from names I used to buy from fellow members.

I've send several requests for help with DRT and gotten no response. If I don't get answers soon I will demand a refund as the product doesn't do some things it is advertised as doing.

Sevent, try contacting Luc on here. This is his tool and he's very helpful and courteous. He has helped me with every issue I've ever had via email. He may just be away for vacation, this being the summer time.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Q: Is it OK to buy DRT from another DNF member who has purchased it already i.e. is it transferrable?

Thanks.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Q: Is it OK to buy DRT from another DNF member who has purchased it already i.e. is it transferrable?

Thanks.

If it is.. You can buy mine cheap.. I wont be needing it anymore..

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is some info I found on the DRT faq page:

"Q. How many PCs can I install Domain Research Tool on with my purchased license?
A. You may install D.R.T. on up to two PCs that you own, however you may only use it on one PC at a time. D.R.T. usage is logged and if we feel your software is being used on multiple PCs your license will be terminated as per our license agreement."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom