Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Reseller or Accredidation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalexdesign

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am currently a web designer and expanding my company by its tremendous growth this year. I have spent hours and cant seem to understand how the reseller market works. I am interested in becoming an ICANN accredited regristrar however I am not 100% sure of the process what is required, fees etc.

The average reseller account prices I have found seem to be in line with the following.... approx $7.50-$8 each while some are more like $8.50-$9.

Big Competitors Pricing:
1and1 - $6.99 first year*
NetFirms - $6.99
GoDaddy -$6.95

why would someone want to buy domains from a company they have probably never heard of if it is more than the big guys?

I am looking to spend no more than $100-$200 to become a reseller with pricing that justifies joining.

I am a realistic expectation person and understand that it is probably difficult to get the prices the big guys do and probably only can with so many customers.

However I also have a few tricks that I use with my current services which attracts customers and I make more in the long run.

However how would it be possible for me to offer domain registration at $6.99 if I have to pay $7.50-$8?

I saw a thread here on DNForum for $6.85 domain names.... best price I have found yet however with paypal fees etc how could I do it? Is the $6.85 reseller account free and can you upgrade your account for better pricing?

I read on ICANN that it is $2,500 ok that is really fair for the client base I have that is really a possibility. But how does it work?

I have also visited Enom, Resellers Club and a few other reseller providers like onlinenic.com and their pricing is fairly high for the highest slab at like $2k, can it get cheaper if more is paid out upfront? I love the prices for Reseller Club specials though!

Since I am a web designer and not a hosting company I dont deal with as many domains however I would estimate I have dealt with over 100. I would say more than 75% are all .com's and the organazations are over 90% .org's.

I have also seen on NamePros.com that there are resellers selling .com domain names as low as $3 or so each with the better services at around $5 or $6, This is pricing I am looking for all help greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i prefer enom and have been with them for at least 7 years.

i've set some accounts with registration fee as high as $45

dalexdesign

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot about enom and if I were to resell I would use enom or directi probably however the main question lyes with how systems work and if you can get cheaper pricing with resellers than listed on the website or if I should become ICANN accredited.

Thanks for your response and time taken to help a member out. Great to see that happening.

nRnF

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you won`t spend more than 100-200 for a reseller you cant talk about ICANN accredited, as this will require you a 100K.

If you are looking for a reseller Ihave here a post that may help deciding with wich one to go.

Last edited:

dalexdesign

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont mind paying a lot more for accredidation. I also did not know that it costs $100k.

I heard around $2,500 and some other small fees and then you need to follow regulations closely.

There is no way I can afford $100k at this time.

nRnF

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 100K is the overall cost that you will have to count between all needed things for a acredited registrar (incl. initial deposit).
I can't find now where the exact calculation is, but it is somewhere in DNF or NP.

The solution you will have to go is a reseller through a acredited registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom