Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Sales Activity is Light in the 1st Full Week of the Aftermarket's 2009 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. After two consecutive weeks that were shortened by major holidays, the domain aftermarket just logged its first full business week of 2009. Ironically, while sales held up surprisingly well over the holiday season, a lot of buyers seem to have gone on vacation this week while everyone else was returning to work.

No six-figure sales were reported and only a dozen sales broke the five-figure mark. A .com led the list at over $43,000 but our new all-extension Top 20 chart was almost evenly split between the world’s most popular extension and alternate choices including five country code domains, a trio of .nets and a .info that rose all the way to #2 with a $35,000 sale at Sedo (a venue that swept 10 of the 20 chart entries). We have all of the reported sales industry wide and you can review them here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Great stuff, Ron :D 2009 will be a fabulous year for the domain industry. Patience!

raoul

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great stuff, Ron :D 2009 will be a fabulous year for the domain industry. Patience!

I think acro became millionaire suddenly, reminding me on some post few days ago

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have not disclosed it yet. Sale completed on the 8th but payment is being processed. Check next week's DNJ. :D

I think acro became millionaire suddenly, reminding me on some post few days ago

I wish :D I might get a million posts at this rate though LOL

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never doubt 'the plex' ;)
Look forward to it Theo

i thought maybe that LLL.net this week was yours

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel bad, I saw the report on over all sales numbers a couple weeks ago and thought to myself... " Josh you have accounted for a 5% drop by not reporting your trades "

lol....no really it's true :)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: If only we could all be as big a player as you think you are...

hittjw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see much action on GoDaddy Auctions, I've got 30+ domains over there without a bite. Good to see the market is moving otherwise.

I'm seeing a lot of good domains going up around the auction sites ... guess it's a winter cleaning. Is the system of reporting trades automated or do these reports rely on announcements?

Best,

Justin

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke, another great report.

Do the oldtimers remember when we use to guess what something sold for?
If we were lucky enough to know that the transaction happened.
Everything was rumors, guesses and bull crap until DNJournal.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great report indeed. Hopefully I have a decent sale to report next week as well, if only Escrow is completed soon. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom