Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain sellers of which I am one.

If you list domains for sale, please have the courtesy to STATE they are NOT AVAILABLE for transfer if they are NOT. Dont just list your name for sale and the registrar without stating if they can be transferred. Some of us that buy names do not want to set up 500 reg accounts everywhere.

Make all statements on the availability complete so everyone knows the EXACT status

By the way this does not mean just new reg names, it could be a name change, a previous transfer etc
It still only makes sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all names should be available to transfer unless they are premium names. What TLD is it?

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meaning
I have bought 2 names in the last few days and both cannot be transferred because they are on hold for the 60 days

It should be VERY CLEAR on these sales that those domains cannot be transferred immediatly and that they can only be pushed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's GoDaddy's little trick. Pays the bills for Bob's two-carat ear-studs.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro
Thanks, but it was the sellers names that could not be transferred
and yes I am sure GD has paid for several cars

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The seller has the choice to list whatever details they want. You are free to ask any questions regarding domain status etc... before you choose to buy the domain. You are asking way too much from sellers on the forum.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
virtual
Get serious
Not all of us want 100 reg accounts all over waiting for domains
Nice try

Dont defend your actions when in fact you sold a domain you CANT TRANSFER for another 30 days - period - disclose that information

and instead of wasting im after im on that a SIMPLE statement is appropriate

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meaning
I have bought 2 names in the last few days and both cannot be transferred because they are on hold for the 60 days

It should be VERY CLEAR on these sales that those domains cannot be transferred immediatly and that they can only be pushed

if you checked the whois, before buying, you would have seen the reg date and that should have triggered you to think about transfer issues.

not too many sellers are going to post "This is a newly regged domain" in the thread, because it could lower the perceived value, versus the posted asking price.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon
Good point, but it wouldnt have stopped me from paying what they were asking and I stated clearly from the two individuals I purchased that I had to transfer, not only that if someone reged it recently I really dont care if I am interested in it too buy, as I will buy it anyway

but...
you have a point and I will do that from now on after this last experience

in addition you wouldnt have to say new reg domain because it could have just been a transfer or a name change that locks it also for the 60 days etc

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that when you buy a domain through some kind of marketplace you ensure that the payment process requires domain transfer into your control before funds are released to the seller. If this is going to take some time and your money is held in escrow by the sales agent, then the least the seller can do as a show of good faith is to set the DNS to your choosing.

And, buyer beware! You can query the rgeitration status by looking at whois information and should be able to tell if the domain is in a locked status and for how long.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again good points

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did talk to the seller and I assume that he did refund your money.
There is no rules about this but members here want fast/quick transaction so the default would be to "push to the same registrar" when payment is received.
Not too many people bother to wait for several days for the name to be transferred out.
You are right about your post asking for transfer.

It is just a little issue with communication. No big deal.
There are many times sellers said "Assume no traffic or revenue" and you still see many posts asking "any traffic".

John

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John
Correct
I always state that and have NEVER had any problem buying domains here until the last 2 days and both I purchased were like that. 1 seller really helped out and refunded when he didnt realize that he couldnt transfer, while that was not the case for the other. I even offered to wait and committed to buying, but the seller said no. And all he had to do was wait 30 days. Whatever.

Some help you and some dont
Thanks - good point also

And John, I just dont want to have domains all over the place waiting to transfer
I understand the push thing because I do it also but on here it makes sense to state the obvious in a lot of cases

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The *only* time that you won't know if a domain can be transfered is when it's at GoDaddy. If you checked the WHOIS and saw a domain's birthday being younger than 60 days, it should be a clue that you can't move that domain yet.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro
Correct, I know that, but again not the point, as I stated .
I will look each time now and thanks for the help

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, I see your point; also when domains expire in a few days, that's another disclosure there.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
correct and the majority of sellers on here are great about that especially when you notify them you are transferring, I bought several domains last week from a person here and 10 could be transferred and 3 could not because of what you said. 3-5 days before and he renewed and we transferred, GREAT service

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain sellers of which I am one.

If you list domains for sale, please have the courtesy to STATE they are NOT AVAILABLE for transfer if they are NOT. Dont just list your name for sale and the registrar without stating if they can be transferred. Some of us that buy names do not want to set up 500 reg accounts everywhere.

Make all statements on the availability complete so everyone knows the EXACT status

By the way this does not mean just new reg names, it could be a name change, a previous transfer etc
It still only makes sense.
:yes:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doc24, I understand you and agree with you. (I also get very ticked at these 60 day hold policies) But if a buyer is going to buy its up to the buyer to "buyer beware". Meaning, you should always do research before purchasing a domain. Sometimes its hard for the seller to post information that's readily available via whois on multiple domain sales.

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I deal 1 domain a day, I have a hard time remembering what ones can be transferred sometimes.

If someone has 1000 + domains I would bet they dont keep track of a name change or something else that would delay a transfer, well at least not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom