Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DOMAIN SCAM ALERT - GoDaddy Accounts Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As soon as I have permission to post the domains, I will do so ASAP.
Whose permission do you need?
Are the owners of the compromised accounts aware of the hack?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their are four domains he scammed,

433.net - wdz.net

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Whose permission do you need?
Are the owners of the compromised accounts aware of the hack?

GoDaddy has been notified and so has the account holder.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy has been notified and so has the account holder.

In the OP you write:
hacked into several godaddy accounts
Please clarify: are we talking about a single account or several accounts?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
k63.com

and

g02.com

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

In the OP you write: .
Please clarify: are we talking about a single account or several accounts?

most likely 4 accounts. Since all 4 domains have different who is info.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Im contacting namecheap right now, 433.net is not a godaddy account - also godaddy has not yet issued an alert on wdz.net i did notify them two days ago. The scammer still has the who is in his name,

garyshane

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Hope. I'm not much of a public forum person, I'm afraid. I'll post 'sold' once in a while but that's about it for me. Nevertheless, I thought I had some relevant input on this topic, so here goes.

I ran into Hamid Novotel yesterday, although his name was Paul to me. I was doing a background check on one of the NNN.nets for sale here and came across his posting for 433.net for $500 at another forum. Not the deal of the century, but not too bad. The whois record checked out with his email address and $500 is under my 'do-it-with-escrow' cut-off amount, so I thought, why not?

I PayPal'd him $500 and he sent back a message politely asking me to wait an hour and not to worry. It was an odd thing to say, so at that point, I went into panick mode and did a more thorough background check. Luckily, I came across this posting and quickly put a dispute claim on the transaction. Afterwards, I got a nervous email from Mr Novotel asking me what I'd done to his account. I sent him a firm message back and I never heard from him after that.

I figured all I'd have to do at this stage was contact PayPal and Hotmail, alert them to the fact that a fraudster was operating in their midst, get my money released back to me and wait for notification that Mr Novotel was about to receive a sound spanking from a couple of internet giants.

Of course, that wasn't the case. PayPal doesn't seem to care. If my claim checks out, they might release my funds back to me. Maybe - they don't like electronic purchases. At best, they'll remit my funds but won't be punishing the seller. At worst, they'll actually release my funds to a known fraudster, give him a pat on the back and send him on his way. That blows my mind. Hotmail gave me an automated response. I'm not expecting to hear from them.

Oh well, to be honest, I don't care about the money. My girlfriend can rip through that amount in an hour on a shopping trip, and besides, I read somewhere that you're not a real domainer until you've been ripped off :)

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im also am owed $$$ for my two payments to him. The bastard is a scumbag who in the near future will face his own karma. These scumbags may get away with our money here and their, but at the end of their path they will loose.

Make sure you get that $500 back, do what you have to do to get paypal to refund the fund.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can we be safe from someone hacking GoDaddy accounts?

Call your rep and ask to have DTVS put on your account, this makes it hack proof.

If you get someone too stupid to know what that means, it means 'domain transfer validation system' and tell them you want it on your account.

-=DCG=-

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hamid Novotel
[email protected]

has hacked into several godaddy accounts and used this email to collect money for stolen domains.

I can verify this individual is scum. I had some issues with him several years ago, but I think he was using @hotmail instead of @live email address. Regardless, he's used fraudulently accessed PayPal accounts or stolen credit cards before as well. I sold a domain to him a few years ago, he paid for it, then a couple of hours later PayPal pulled the payment as fraudulent.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call your rep and ask to have DTVS put on your account, this makes it hack proof.

If you get someone too stupid to know what that means, it means 'domain transfer validation system' and tell them you want it on your account.

-=DCG=-

Great advice, I just emailed GD about this. Thank you.

Kent Shackleton

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't worry too much if you don't have an acct mgr. My experience is that having one is useless. Nice enough guy but only ever asked him to do one thing, which he didn't do. Wanted to be notified about an upcoming launch. Asked about 3 times only to discover the pre-registrations had already begun. Recently took my acct exec away as I didn't have 300 domains. I did however spend $25k+ last year on their %35 commish auctions. Guess I'm not valuable enough to them. Might feel slighted, but @#$%#% useless as I said, so who cares.
FYI,

DTVS only available for Executive Account Members only.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Forgot one thing. Actually my acct mgr was probably using good judgement by not letting me know about the upcoming launch. He's a smart guy and I think he knew that IMHO Goduddy blows at securing domains at launches. Dynadot and Name.com kick ass with top tier programming and technology. Godaddy vs Name.com is like 8 yr old Special Olympics hockey vs NHL superstar (in my opinion). Anyways, off topic and ranting.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an exec. account manager at GD and I have far from 300 domains there. I think it also has to do with the quality of the domains you have there and/or how often domains are pushed in/out of your account, etc.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

I'm afraid I'm one of the stupid ones, Adam, so thanks for the explanation. What are the implications of putting this on an account? I mean, if there are none other than the security aspect, I wonder why GoDaddy doesn't put it on automatically.

I have to say that my executive account manager at GoDaddy is excellent. Being a nontechie I've had to contact him and his predecessor quite a few times, and both have been nothing but helpful and understanding and have carried out several tasks for me.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI,

DTVS only available for Executive Account Members only.

Wow. So GoDaddy only lets you hack-proof your account if you qualify as an Executive? And the rest of us peons - including everyone from small-timers to semi-serious domainers like me (I've spent $xx,xxx with them in recent years) - are casually left vulnerable. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom