Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Seller Pro ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have just started using Domain Selelr Pro on one of my sites and seem to be getting alot of offers for domains, but when i accept or counter offer I rarely get a response. I have sold a few already with the site, so I know the emails and software works great, I was just curious to know if anyone has had similar issue with getting "invalid offers"?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are always a few clowns who just want to press buttons - that's life unfortunately.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep... get too many I'm afraid.

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice software.
Maybe it should have e-mail filter.
So it dont accept bids from emailadresses like hotmail.com etc.

Just a suggestion...

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good idea! The majority of the "non-paying bids" I get are from Hotmail and Yahoo accounts.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use a hotmail address and I always pay for what I buy. I know a lot of others who use free email as their primary. No matter what domain you buy or sell you aint never selling hotmail so you will always have the email address.

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hm..

mayby it should have some sort of auto-verification to verify that the email-adress is real. Like they have on many forums then you sign up

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Somethign that could help:

I a script that searches a whois WHOIS DB and see's if the domain is registerable (jsut incase one fails) to determin if the email is real.

I know when I enter bogus email I always put in a completely fake domain that i knw, no one owns.

like [email protected] , verisgn has all those :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
I know when I enter bogus email I always put in a completely fake domain that i knw, no one owns.

like [email protected] , verisgn has all those :)

I know several people who use [email protected]. Poor dick must get like 50,000 spams per day. :evil:

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Badabom
Nice software.
Maybe it should have e-mail filter.
So it dont accept bids from emailadresses like hotmail.com etc.

Just a suggestion...

Unless I make contact here, I have a separate hotmail account from which I ALWAYS initiate conversations about domain names.

Filtering out hotmail addresses might be a bad idea.

-Bob

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is a bad idea, but if we could somehow implement a verification process much like PayPal does with Yahoo, Hotmail and other web-based free email accounts it would alleviate alot of time and headaches. I'm not saying that it should be integrated into the script (because the script is great by itself), but if we could add-on some type of filtering it would be a nice addition.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use a hotmail address as my primary and paypal address. And I know someone who sent offer from a corporate email address but did not send payment . You cannot prejudge somebody on the basis of his/her email address.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We are not prejudging anyone on the basis of an email address. But why did you think you needed the extra verification steps for your Paypal account?.... because you use a hotmail address. There is a higher rate of fraudulent activity with these free addresses moreso than the others. I have a couple Yahoo addresses myself. Unfortunately the instances of non-paying customer/bidders are much higher with these addresses because they provide anonymity, and the person on the other end may figure "well they don't know who I am so I don't have to pay!" Whereas with other email accounts you may be able to find out who they are to pursue them for payment. Maybe, Yahoo and Hotmail should start using better verification methods and implement a WhoIs System for their services.

BTW, I just had a valid customer using a Hotmail account this morning.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's your site nicpal?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
those are some sweet sports names you have man. I would probably raise the price on clintonportis.com though. :)

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We try to keep the prices minimal to avoid disputes. Although we primarily sell the names to the respective athlete's or their charity organizations, we do get alot of overzealous lawyers and marketing reps who don't care that we are actually trying to aid against the cybersquatting of these domain names, and just see us as trying to profit off the names. We are obviously not running a non-profit organization here but alot of time and money does go into the acquisition of these names.

Additionally, anyone who owns any professional or amateur athletes names from this board are welcome to post their names on my site for free!

Regards
Ben

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Think jerrywest.com is nicely priced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom