Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain showing high in alexa but few traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi i backordered a domain a few days ago. The reason i backordered it was the alexa traffic graph.

It shows this.

Alexa traffic reach 3 month
http://www.lamourtravel.com/domain_alexa.jpg

The domain itself has only 700 views daily.
How come alexa shows a lot of traffic in its graph. Is alexa showing some wrong info or?

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa is crap, rankings are totally unreliable, I have no idea why ANYONE uses them for ANYTHING.

dmc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wel i know one website having 50,000 visits a day and the stats of alexa compared to the real stats are very accurate. But this graph is very strange to me.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't believe alexa.com 100%, but I refer to them when I buy domains!

dmc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
700 visits a day isnt to bad either though. Just be glad a domain you bought based off alexa even had traffic

Well it only has 300 visits and about 700 views... but not exactly what i expected. :p

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa is crap, rankings are totally unreliable, I have no idea why ANYONE uses them for ANYTHING.

Agreed. You couldn't pay me enough to put their spyware-like toolbar on my computers. When many different programs identify it as spyware (though this is debatable) one must ask if it's worthy of any recognition.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can write a javascript code that will put your site into the top 10,000 in a couple of weeks even if it gets no traffic. Actually, anyone can probably scam Alexa if they really wanted - its pretty simple.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can write a javascript code that will put your site into the top 10,000 in a couple of weeks even if it gets no traffic. Actually, anyone can probably scam Alexa if they really wanted - its pretty simple.

OK go on !

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll give you the short and easy method without more than 2 lines of code.

1) install Alexa toolbar
2) create a page with 2 frames, the top frame refreshes the page every 3 seconds(using a meta refresh) and the bottom loads your site.
3) walk away
4) brag to all your friends that you have a great Alexa rank

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Woah, Dan, slow down just a little bit. I agree that Alexa is unreliable, but they're not THAT bad. They certainly have their top 2k websites right.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
their country top 100 list, can help you to find free ccTLD domains. Then you can double check with overture and if both show the same indicatio => register ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom