Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Spam: xsdomains.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

I've seen posts on other forums about this spammer. Anyone else getting this spam email?

Subject: xxxxxxxxx.com and xxxxxxxxxxx.com
Date: June 18, 2008 8:35:55 PM EDT
To: xxxxxxxxxxx.com

"To whomever it may concern,

I am interested in your domain names xxxxxxxxx.com,xxxxxxxx.com and was wondering if you would consider selling them to me.
I would be willing to go through Escrow.com (or any reputable escrow service of your choice) for the transaction, so that you know you are in good hands.
Also, I would not ask you to purchase an appraisal. This is simply a genuine request to purchase your domain names.

If you are interested in selling, please give me your asking price.

Thank you"

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theres really no difference between this email and the one you talk about on your blog:

http://www.elliotsblog.com/index.php/2008/06/18/how-i-privately-acquire-domain-names/

My biggest pet peeve is when someone complains about receiving "spam" and its basically a sales email. In your blog you say that you "used to send out emails that simply asked if a domain name was for sale." So you basically did the same thing that this email is doing. I'm not calling you out and I realize that it seems everyone is getting these emails, but if you have or are doing the samething, you can't really get upset about it.

I've acquired 100s of names by emailing people and calling people as you also describe in your blog. I've purchased names for great prices and I've also paid end-user prices for domains that I've really wanted. I've also picked up the phone on 100s of occasions to talk with a domain owner to find out what he thought he should get for the name...we've all done it.

If there were no offers on names and no one was inquiring what would we have? Would we all send our names to Monte and let me clap and clap and clap at the auction and hopefully they'll sell? Are we going to list them on Sedo or Afternic and sit and wait for a bidder to come along? If no one was selling names I would be reading thread after thread about how no one is buying names and the market is so cold..."I haven't gotten an offer in weeks", Joe Schmoe would say...

Have any of you ever contacted possible end users and pitched a name? They probably thought you were doing the same thing...spamming.

No domainer should be subjected to anything that he/she doesn't want to be subjected too, but we've all emailed people regarding names...some do it on mass scales and some don't. I personally type out the email and send it out to the owner for a domain name that I want to buy. I have made a lot of "friends" from paying people 100k for their names and I can guarantee they don't think I was spamming them.

D

Deleted member 70408

Theres really no difference between this email and the one you talk about on your blog:

http://www.elliotsblog.com/index.php/2008/06/18/how-i-privately-acquire-domain-names/

My biggest pet peeve is when someone complains about receiving "spam" and its basically a sales email. In your blog you say that you "used to send out emails that simply asked if a domain name was for sale." So you basically did the same thing that this email is doing. I'm not calling you out and I realize that it seems everyone is getting these emails, but if you have or are doing the samething, you can't really get upset about it.

I've acquired 100s of names by emailing people and calling people as you also describe in your blog. I've purchased names for great prices and I've also paid end-user prices for domains that I've really wanted. I've also picked up the phone on 100s of occasions to talk with a domain owner to find out what he thought he should get for the name...we've all done it.

If there were no offers on names and no one was inquiring what would we have? Would we all send our names to Monte and let me clap and clap and clap at the auction and hopefully they'll sell? Are we going to list them on Sedo or Afternic and sit and wait for a bidder to come along? If no one was selling names I would be reading thread after thread about how no one is buying names and the market is so cold..."I haven't gotten an offer in weeks", Joe Schmoe would say...

Have any of you ever contacted possible end users and pitched a name? They probably thought you were doing the same thing...spamming.

No domainer should be subjected to anything that he/she doesn't want to be subjected too, but we've all emailed people regarding names...some do it on mass scales and some don't. I personally type out the email and send it out to the owner for a domain name that I want to buy. I have made a lot of "friends" from paying people 100k for their names and I can guarantee they don't think I was spamming them.

My emails are sent out individually, not using a script. These emails were sent using a script. They weren't personalized, and contrary to what the sender wrote, they were spam (bulk email).

BTW, if you have doubts about the script part, I can prove it.

These are not genuine offer emails. These are emails going after names that meet a very wide criteria in the sender's script, and if someone responds, he can then choose whether to write back based on the name. No, these aren't SCAM emails where you pay for an appraisal. These are SPAM emails.

I know people do this shit all the time, but most people don't like to receive spam.

If you can justify doing this, more power to you. IMO, it just isn't the professional way to do things.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not the sender of those emails, nor am I accusing you of anything.

I also send out emails for domain names that I want to purchase and I don't use a script as well. In fact, I probably wouldn't even know how to use a script.

"Spam" is any email that is unwanted or unsolicited. Even if you send out emails personally, as I do, it can still be considered spam. Did the domain owners ask you to email them? If not, it's technically spam, whether you typed it out or used a script.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The sender was a very reputable member of DNF that apparently had a lapse of judgment. I agree with Justin per the overall approach of sales & cold-calling. In my case, the email I received the inquiry at, wasn't even the admin contact anymore as I've sold the domain in question some time ago.

D

Deleted member 70408

After the DNForum member who sent the initial spam message apologized to me and promised to remove my email address from his script, I got another of the exact same ****ing spam emails, albeit from a different email address:

Firefly Admin <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
date Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM
subject lowell.com
hide details 11:42 AM (46 minutes ago)

To whomever it may concern,

I am interested in your domain name lowell.com and was wondering if you would consider selling it to me.
I would be willing to go through Escrow.com (or any reputable escrow service of your choice) for the transaction, so that you know you are in good hands.
Also, I would not ask you to purchase an appraisal. This is simply a genuine request to purchase your domain name.

Thank you

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After the DNForum member who sent the initial spam message apologized to me and promised to remove my email address from his script, I got another of the exact same ****ing spam emails, albeit from a different email address:

to [email protected]
date Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM
subject lowell.com
hide details 11:42 AM (46 minutes ago)

To whomever it may concern,

I am interested in your domain name lowell.com and was wondering if you would consider selling it to me.
Also, I would not ask you to purchase an appraisal. This is simply a genuine request to purchase your domain name.

Thank you

I can sympathize, got plenty of those last emails too.. If I wasn't too lazy I'd email DS and have them shut down his account if you go to fireflyinc.net it has a framed PPC page from DomainSponsor....

stupid spammer....

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can sympathize, got plenty of those last emails too.. If I wasn't too lazy I'd email DS and have them shut down his account if you go to fireflyinc.net it has a framed PPC page from DomainSponsor....

stupid spammer....

yeah, i keep getting emails from this pos

he is emailing me even though i have privacy on a domain also. and has correct email :upset:

he calls himself 'robert' too, yet is called xiaowen and is from china

so, anyone know who he is?
elliot, you intimated you know him? if so got his username?
thanks

[email protected] is the spammers email

yeah, i keep getting emails from this pos

he is emailing me even though i have privacy on a domain also. and has correct email :upset:

he calls himself 'robert' too, yet is called xiaowen and is from china

so, anyone know who he is?
elliot, you intimated you know him?

if so got his username?
thanks

[email protected] is the spammers email

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom