Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Sponsor Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DS posted an announcement on their site, which happens to be in the form of a graphic file, so I cannot copy and paste in this post. However, in summary, DS announces that they are teaming with Revenue.net, their sister company to bring advertisers directly to some domain traffic, with the prospect of significantly improved returns for domain owners. If you have a DS account, you will see the announcement when you log on.

Furthermore, the whole DS site has been improved, with some interesting stats upgrades.

Well, it turns out that I could do cut and paste, as they also emailed the message to DS account holders. Looks like they are going to be known going forward as Revenue.net (a sister company, under the Oversee.net umbrella).

One thing that I have always appreciated and respected about DS is that they are never content with the status quo. They know that they are in a competitive business and that there will always be challenges to their position in the business.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They say there are new features, but I don't see any -- with the exception of the graphs. Other than that, it looks like the same old DomainSponsor with a new layout and color palette and domain grouping. I would have assumed they would at least integrate the proredirect interface, added some end-user appeal to the landing page, or given a larger level of domain customization (a la DomainHop), but these are still not present. Past the back-end glitz, did they add anything substantial?

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
diverge said:
They say there are new features, but I don't see any -- with the exception of the graphs. Other than that, it looks like the same old DomainSponsor with a new layout and color palette and domain grouping. I would have assumed they would at least integrate the proredirect interface, added some end-user appeal to the landing page, or given a larger level of domain customization (a la DomainHop), but these are still not present. Past the back-end glitz, did they add anything substantial?

According to the letter from DS:

Soon we will be able to offer publishers a new stream of ads that often times monetize better than the PPC ads of today. We believe that having a combination of these ads wi ll remove inefficiencies and provide our domainers with the best chance of maximizing their revenue in the future.

So, this user interface upgrade is just the beginning. The real substantive changes are coming. I understand that those with really high quality traffic have the potential for significant increases in revenue. This also means that low quality traffic will tend to earn less at DS. It should be interesting to see what DS has in the pipeline.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the integration of DomainSponsor into Revenue.net, we can now move forward with the first major enhancement of the DomainSponsor service: Rewarding Traffic Quality.

Over the past few months DomainSponsor has been hard at work trying to find new and innovative ways to increase payouts and reward publishers with the highest quality traffic
There are more exciting announcements coming in the weeks ahead.

This sounds very interesting.

bebop83

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, my suggestion is that domainsponsor has to change the landing page layout.
Currently it's not attractive enough. It's dull and people would close even before the page finish loading.

Try-Searching.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bebop83 said:
Well, my suggestion is that domainsponsor has to change the landing page layout.
Currently it's not attractive enough. It's dull and people would close even before the page finish loading.

I would have to argue about the dull landing pages. They sure put out the clicks, not sure what it is but before signing up with DS a year ago, it use to amaze me that people would buy $10,000 domains and point them to such a bland page. Now I know why. I hope they do not make too many changes to these pages. Thats just me.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with try-searching. A lot of domainers would like landers, which will look like "real pages". Why ? You need visitors want leave the place asap clicking your ad, don't you ? Or someone here expect some visitor will think "such a nice typo lander, I must bookmark it"...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom