Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Sponsor revenue way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesticker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My RPM has been way down lately at DS. Dropped from average of 100 to 20. Anyone else?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen a drop across the board, not just at DS. I think we are paying the price for fraud with lower bid prices on ad clicks. Not just fraud, but a glut of domains bringing more and more traffic to the advertisers. It stands to reason that bid prices could go down as traffic continues to go up.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My RPM has dropped by about 20-30% over the last few days. Seems like my optimization (and CTR) has been hit hard, but my RPC has stayed solid.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually my RPC dropped from $0.4 to $0.15 last month, so had to move my high earners away

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It appears we all are suffering. Not only revenue is down traffic is hard hit also.

I am sure DS looks at the overall stats daily and must be doing whatever possible to improve the situation.

Thanks.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
August.. It's still summer guys.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a decrease, but why would it be fine in July and then drop off in August. And why has the optimization totally been %&#@%& up on all of my domains?

Hopefully DS will correct it as they usually do.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have experienced revenue erosion at DS for about 6 months. I expect to have lower revenue during the summer months, as there are fewer people in front of their computers and for fewer hours. However, my weak results had caused me some concern.

However, I have some Great News on this front. DS has started a beta test of a significant improvement in their optimization system. I only have results from Friday and Saturday so far, as their stats reporting is delayed from Sunday and today. My preliminary results for my portfolio looks like a 30% increase in RPM. They had told me to expect around 10%, but they tend to understate these things until they have some hard data with a lot of portfolios. Inevitably, when they make an improvement, it does not affect all portfolios the same. They are not doing the beta test on all portfolios, but once they have the bugs worked and hard data on improvements, they usually spread the improvements to all portfolios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom