Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been trying them out with a couple of domains & so far the results haven't been great.

Totals 696 339 507 21 $0.60 $0.15 $0.75

That's approx 0.001 per visitor. (A tenth of one cent), or $1 CPM.

You would need 50,000 uniques per day to make it worth it.

How do you people make money with traffic names? Wouldn't you be better off sending the traffic to an affiliate program or something that's related to the traffic?

I'm sure you could make more than $1 CPM.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those numbers are certainly RS
Very disappointing for you
My guess is that it must depend on the domains
Some of my domains pay 10 cents per visitor
Others nothing

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! $0.10 a visitor?? That's $100 CPM.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, wanna buy a domain?
LOL
Some domains get nothing though, no matter how many visitors.
So it all averages out at about $20 CPM for me
My advice would be to try redirecting as many domains as you can, for a couple of weeks
You only need 1 domain with them
Just change the code in the URL redirect to reflect the name of each domain and you will get the stats to let you know which ones are earners
I would never have picked which domains would earn money.
Makes me wonder why ppl are so keen on buying DNs with traffic, when it is actually the type of traffic, not the volume, that pays

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyphix
I've been trying them out with a couple of domains & so far the results haven't been great.

Totals 696 339 507 21 $0.60 $0.15 $0.75

That's approx 0.001 per visitor. (A tenth of one cent), or $1 CPM.

You would need 50,000 uniques per day to make it worth it.

How do you people make money with traffic names? Wouldn't you be better off sending the traffic to an affiliate program or something that's related to the traffic?

I'm sure you could make more than $1 CPM.

Cyphix,

I have a website devoted to this whole subject that you should check out: www.PPCIncome.com . I average $10/cpm at DS, but that is only after DomainSponsor has had enough time to Auto-Optimize the domains. Do you have your names set to Auto-Optimize? It looks like your meager income to date is mostly from the pops ($.60). So, you are actually doing worse than $1/cpm.

A LOT has to do with your specific names. You can see that just over half of your traffic is foreign. There are different kinds of foreign traffic. Asian traffic, where people cannot even read our language, yields the lowest cpm, in my experience (like $1 or less). I have some European traffic that does quite well on DS and some does better on other PPC services. For example, I own potage.com, which is French for soup. Potage.com consistently earns $12 to $15/cpm at DS, even though the language on the search page ((English) is wrong for the domain. Imagine what it might earn if I had good search pages in French!

I have names that routinely generate $50/cpm and others that generate $1/cpm (at DS and at other PPC services). Some traffic is commercial, i.e. people looking to buy something. This is the really valuable traffic. On the other hand, what if you have a misspelling of weather.com, like weathet.com? It might catch lots of traffic, but what are people looking for when they are looking for the weather? When they do not find Weather.com, they are not necessarily looking to go anywhere except back to the keyboard to retype weather.com. So, weathet.com probably generates highly NON-commercial traffic.

Your question about affiliate programs is answered on my website.

Also, there is an extensive thread that has been going on for quite a while on DNF that you might want to review, as it has input from many others, besides myself:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25080

Good Luck!!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the informational post hiOsilver. :-D

I have set them up for Auto-Optimize... they have been there for around 2 weeks now.

As for the foreign traffic.. yeah, one of my domains gets all of it, the other is mainly US traffic. It's indian education traffic I believe.

I think I may try them out on Sedo...

One question, if you have a domain that's getting some hits but don't want to sell the name, can't you use sedo?

Thanks!

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyphix
Thanks for the informational post hiOsilver. :-D

I have set them up for Auto-Optimize... they have been there for around 2 weeks now.

As for the foreign traffic.. yeah, one of my domains gets all of it, the other is mainly US traffic. It's indian education traffic I believe.

I think I may try them out on Sedo...

One question, if you have a domain that's getting some hits but don't want to sell the name, can't you use sedo?

Thanks!

Cyphix,

You are welcome.

Sometimes a domain does better on one service than another. It is always worth trying a second service when the cpm is low.

If you don't want to sell on Sedo, you can always put a high price on the domain, although your max price without paying for an appraisal is $10,000. And, you can indicate that you will not negotiate on price.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far so good...

Over all my names I'm @ $6 CPM.

One name is @ around $65 CPM but that doens't get much traffic, but that's just over 2 clicks lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom