Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain stolen & sold at Sedo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The amazing thing is that Sedo did not catch this, they pride themselves in researching any domain that's placed for sale on their website. There's some truth as to that, I've had a couple of auctions I was bidding in suddenly be stopped simply because Sedo thought the domain may have been stolen or was of questionable ownership. And when I've been a seller I'm sure they vetted me deeper than a TSA employee searches a passenger...

It's also just as amazing that ward.com, ward being a dictionary word with several meanings and a common enough term that is also a proper name (first and last name, I know a guy whose 1st name is Ward lol, it can be a city or region, etc) only got $2,999, the thief was not that ambitious, he was rather realistic IMO lol. I bet it was a O-C/O, or better yet a BIN so he could exit the scene quick with the money, no way a 7-day auction for that domain would end in only $2,999, and Sedo viewers may have become suspicious, those names just do not go to auction often, in Great Domains once in a blue moon maybe...

Good thing the Wards have their family name domain back, though...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This must have been a BIN vs an auction. $2999 is a drop of what this would have gone for at auction.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct, this was a BIN sale and still under investigation at Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom