Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that it was possible to test a domain with Moniker, i.e., test it for a number of days to see if it has any traffic, and if not interested in the domain, then it's possible to get a refund, less the ICaan fees.
1. Is this correct as of today?
2. Where on the site does it state this?
3. Which TLD's does this apply to?
4. How does one end up cancelling the domain?

Your assistance appreciated.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can still do it on moniker. Im not sure if they have anything where they say its allowed as its not something they like to advertise. With my experience it allows .org .com .nets and .us names to be deleted with refunds minus the 25 cent ICANN fee. Im sure it applies to others, but I've yet to test any other tld's.
All you have to do is go to your domain names, and click delete for whichever you want to delete... you have a 4 day grace period... It will automatically refund your money into your accout if you delete it prior to those 4 days.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
https://www.moniker.com/domaindelete/help.jsp

"For a limited time, Moniker will be allowing customers to delete .com, .net, .info, .org, .biz, .us and .mobi names registered within 96 hours of their creation date..."

Make sure you contact them to get the fee changed to $.25 instead of $1.00 though.

To cancel the names, in the control panel, there's a link on the domain management screen to view domains in the grace period. There you can delete the names.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's very easy and the credit is credited to your account automatically when you delete the domains.

H

H2FC

"For a limited time, Moniker will be allowing customers to delete .com, .net, .info, .org, .biz, .us and .mobi names registered within 96 hours of their creation date..."

Make sure you contact them to get the fee changed to $.25 instead of $1.00 though.

To cancel the names, in the control panel, there's a link on the domain management screen to view domains in the grace period. There you can delete the names.

This link is listed under the "my account" button, but your won't see it in the drop down menu when you roll your cursor over "my account". You must actually click on the "my account" button disregarding the fact it doesn't show up in the drop down menu. I don't know if this is an error or its on purpose but its effective in that it makes it very hard to find. I've sent them an email about this but it hasn't been fixed yet.

H

H2FC

This link is listed under the "my account" button, but your won't see it in the drop down menu when you roll your cursor over "my account". You must actually click on the "my account" button disregarding the fact it doesn't show up in the drop down menu. I don't know if this is an error or its on purpose but its effective in that it makes it very hard to find. I've sent them an email about this but it hasn't been fixed yet.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That's what I was talking about. Right at the bottom. Also, within the domain manager, I'm pretty sure it has a column on the far right that tells you how many hours are left on your grace period.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$.25 is not the ICANN fee.
It is clear profit to moniker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom