Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Trade Category/forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBX

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think there should be section where people can trade their unwanted domains. Someones waste is someones gold right? I've never seen a webmaster forum do it but it would be nice add-on

Upvote 0

warnerms

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea!
I have a few I would probably trade.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There's some loon on DNF who buys domains at $0.50 or less, you'd get a better deal there :D

KBX

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not really Acro(who in the right mind will sell a domain for 0.50). The trade of the domain could be between high value domains i.e. an lll.com with an another lll.com (the other owner might prefer the other letters and vice versa) and the domains will still be worth the same amounts :p. It depends on the preference of the trader

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Trading domains of high value = risk. Not just between the traders, but also due to potential future legal ramifications. I never trade domains, period.

KBX

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry for being a nuisance but what do you mean by future legal ramification?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Trading goods opens a can of worms unlike when one exchanges goods for money. Essentially, your ownership of A.com that you acquired by trading in B.com might become a liability in a future UDRP. Unless there is a thorough valuation and certification of the exchanged goods and a contract. Also, there are taxation issues upon sale, how one would value the cost of the sold domain which was traded instead of acquired for money.

KBX

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting I see what you mean Acro. But what I don't understand is the taxation part do domainers have to pay tax for trades? I'm a new guy in the domaining industry hence why am asking questions. Wouldn't email bind as an contract? Or does it need a signed document of some sort (if that's the case then it's too much trouble for an simple exchange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom