Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain transfer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there any registrar that allows free domain transfers. I need to transfer some domains from directnic. Enom and godaddy charges the yearly reg fee for each name transfered. I need an acct that i can transfer the names for free.

thanks,
vic

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
or, if someone has an old networksolutions acct that they dont use anymore and could let me have that would be great since that do free transfers.

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
no, to set up an acct you must reg a new name. you cannot just set up a free acct. atleast i am pretty sure, i searched ns site and cant find an acct signup link anywhere.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
All registrars will charge one year of registration fee to transfer a name. Otherwise what is in it for the registrar? They would be providing a free service to you. There is no incentive to do that.

With that said, Notwork Solutions is running a promotional exception:

Notwork Solutions will allow you to transfer a name to them for free. Not only is it free, but you also receive an additional year of registration time. I am not sure why they are doing this, or whether the terms and conditions state that you have to keep the name there for an additional period of time. However, given NSI's previous track record, I do NOT trust them. Even though I would save over $2000 in renerwal fees in one year, if my name gets stuck there because of some fine print that I have yet to see, then it will prove to be a costly mistake 2 years from now. They are probably betting the people will forget to transfer out their names, and NSI will of course auto-renew them at $35 per year 60 days before the name expires. This was the "trick" that the Staples / Register.com $1 promotion used 3 years ago. When you registered a name for $1, they conveniently forgot to tell you that the automatic renewal was set at $35 per year. I know a lot of people who got burnt over that.

-Bob

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you are probably right about ns, but that ok for me since i do not plan to keep the names over a couple months.

Delete

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
there is the option to create an account if you dont have one at netsol. I took advantage on about 40 of my domains that were expiring. I created a diff account for each name too. Its a free year. Transfer out and take advantage of this offer if you have lots of names. I saved something like $600+

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Delete
there is the option to create an account if you dont have one at netsol. I took advantage on about 40 of my domains that were expiring. I created a diff account for each name too. Its a free year. Transfer out and take advantage of this offer if you have lots of names. I saved something like $600+

how do you start the acct without registering a name???

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thank you all for answering , i figured it out at netsol, thanks alot.

vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom