Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain values

Status
Not open for further replies.

zielak

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was looking to purchase some domains and park them with Sedo or other parking services but I saw that peoples are asking 3-4 years of revenue sometimes even more for those domain.
example: domain making $3.00 - $4.00/month, asking price around $100

So here's my question, what's the reasonable price for the parked domain ?
What's the max you will pay, 6 months rev or more ?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was looking to purchase some domains and park them with Sedo or other parking services but I saw that peoples are asking 3-4 years of revenue sometimes even more for those domain.
example: domain making $3.00 - $4.00/month, asking price around $100

So here's my question, what's the reasonable price for the parked domain ?
What's the max you will pay, 6 months rev or more ?

I'd pay around 9-12 month revenue for "fishy" domains with obvious possibilities for trademark conflicts. For good generic domains, which aren't tied to any specific event (eg not someconference2006.com) or will "go out of fashion" otherwise, the sky's the limit:

After all, traffic is only going to increase. If you have a 5 year perspective on your investment, you'll get a very decent ROI with a price based on 3-4 times current yearly revenue.

Personally I haven't spent a lot of money on secondhand names yet, as there's still a huge virtually untapped market for premium traffic domains in most cctlds. I started investing in traffic domains only four months ago, and I make a four figure USD profit with these every month without any aftermarket domains.

Just my two cents, eh XXXX$...

zielak

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally I haven't spent a lot of money on secondhand names yet, as there's still a huge virtually untapped market for premium traffic domains in most cctlds.

So you're buying expired domains or you registering new ones ?

zielak

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But newly registered websites don't have any traffic, so how do you make money from them parking it without traffic ?

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if a built-up site's extension is in .org, and you register the .com, chances are you will get quite abit on the .com extension, and that's where you get the traffic from. same for ccTLD.

zielak

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you using some tools or webistes to find those domains ?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But newly registered websites don't have any traffic, so how do you make money from them parking it without traffic ?

why shouldn't newly registered domains have any traffic?

type-in traffic for generic domain names can be huge.

zielak

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but can you still register good generic domain ?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but can you still register good generic domain ?

Depends on what you think is good. As an example, I just registered xemay.vn (motorbike). I got a few clicks clicks the first day I parked the domain, and I'm not unhappy with this. Internet usage is rapidly increasing, among a population of more than 80 million. I'm not saying .vn is a goldmine, but it's not hard to find good traffic domains in many cctld's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom