Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

domain / website sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogstar

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is is just me or does it seem like there aren't as many interested buyers in the domain and web site selling forums lately. I haven't been on this forum in a while, but it seemed like earlier in the year that interest was much higher and it was much easier to make a sale.

Is this a seasonal winter thing or are we looking at a downturn in the value/interest in these web based properties?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Might be that there are more sellers trying to sell crap, have little idea of what they're doing, and more experienced / informed / reasonable sellers just need to try harder to compensate for the effect of eyes glazed over. I'll say this much... great deals still come around often, and its to the detriment of smart buyers not to keep looking, regularly and shrewdly. IMO, good deals come in many varieties and one-size prob. doesn't fit all.

~ Nexus

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been making sales and buying a lot over the past few months.
I have been selling less here at DNF and more to end users. In fact I dont think I have had a "sale" here in the past 6 months but have sold several names. I have also spent a good chunk buying sites/names from people who are not forum members.

I think this is due to more end users seeking out names rather than an overall dip in sales.

John

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think dnforum is a great place to wholesale domains. I find myself being a little more selective when selling my domain names. Im moving into websites for another type of income. I have two offer's now on afternic and I really don't want to sell but you can't keep them all. I don't agree the market is slowing infact soon you will have a year end rush for names are you ready? Are your names in the current market place? do you price your domain names properly? If you can answer yes then all you have to do is market them and give it time.

fussy

dogstar

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is just me then. I might be pricing myself out of the market.

But I just don't see the activity on the developed websites forum. Lots and lots of posts with 0 responses. The sellers seem somewhat desparate. I am just worried that all my sites are rapidly diminishing in value to 0.

Also, it seems like more and more good domains are now available for registration. I just picked up a nice one, pokergala.com, for the multiplayer texas hold em game I'm working on right now. There are lots and lots of really nice domains there now. I'm not sure, but I would swear that the expire count is exceeding the registration count at this point? Would anyone agree with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom