Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain with no autho code? Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain yesterday and the seller said the domain has no authorization code.

I am planning to transfer the domain into Moniker account or Godaddy.

Is that possible for a domain not to have an autho code?

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the domain extension?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There has to be an AUTH code. Where is the domain registered now?

As far as I know, there is no way you can transfer a .COM without an AUTH code. It would be very dangerous in general if that was possible.

Brad

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has to be an auth code... Sounds like they just might not know where to find it. It also might be called an EPP code.... What registrar is it at?

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never heard about a .COM transfer without the AUTH code.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No auth codes existed for .com prior to - I believe - 2004/5. Can't recall the exact year, but auth codes were introduced by registries other than Verisign.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some registrars make it almost inpossible to get the auth code, post the registrar and we can probably tell you how he can get it.

-=DCG=-

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make sure the domain is unlocked at the current registrar also.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
onlinenic still around ?

Viator

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely, there needs to be an AUH CODE. Burt it is true that some registrars attempt to make a transfer impossible. A good example is the following message I received last November from Enom, after submitting a request for an AUTH CODE (automated request, nothing special):

We recently received your request for the Authorization Code (EPP Key) to transfer your domain to another Registrar. I can definitely provide you with the code but I would like the opportunity to speak with you and offer solutions and alternatives to moving to another Registrar.

Sounds a little bit like people holding my domain hostage, isn't it? It was signed by Melissa Huddleston, Business Development.

I didn't reply, because my reply would have been quite strongly worded: is it their business to ask me why I asked for an AUH CODE? Anyway, for me, one thing is sure: I will never register any name with Enom in the future!

So the experience reported above is not unique, alas!

EUROPEAN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I puchased a domain recently and its at DomainNameSystems.com and cant get the EPP codes, I just created an account with them so I could get a quick push but I cannot find the epp code anywhere, emailed there support twice and no reply either. There account backend is broken in places with error codes showing if you click different options. Looking in there FAQ the EPP code is meant to be visible when you edit the domain but its nowhere to be seen. Likewise the unlock domain feature does not seem to work either.

Any Suggestions? or has anyone came across this company before?

zmonster

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, DomainNameSystems operates under the aegis of Cheapies, which is an accredited registrar. Any correspondence with DNS you should also cc to Cheapies. Just good luck trying to get a domain moved from them. You have to keep at it -- keep repeating your requests; tell them precisely what happens when you tried to unlock a domain, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom