Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DOMAINER (http://dnsales.profit.com) tricky emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DOMAINER (http://dnsales.profit.com) tricky emails ??

Hi guys i have recently received an adverttising offer to trial of DOMAINER (http://dnsales.profit.com) They claims to send my domains for sale to a sample number of domain buyers (150 emails). then they offer you buy their full service and they will send my domain offers to 9.000 emails of domain buyers. Trial is free so I tried it. The next day i received following letter:

Hi there,

Just received your ad from dnsales.Profit.com via email. Thank you.

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

We are interested in purchasing bancrupt.net & .info.

Is it a developed site or just a domain name? We are mostly interested in domains without web content.

We need an appraisal before making an offer.

Our partners (webmasters and domain owners) always recommend us to verify an independent appraisal first. It would be fair for both of us.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. It can be an appraisal certificate from www.FastDomainSales.com or www.GreatDomains.com or www.HollywoodDomains.com. It does not matter because they were recommended to me by experienced experts.

After we receive your appraisal we'll continue negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: PayPal, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

What do you think guys is it serious offer or just tricky reply to force me order an appraisal from www.FastDomainSales.com , www.GreatDomains.com , www.HollywoodDomains.com ?Do you have an experience with this ?? Thanx for help

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definite scam - you pay for an appraisal they don't buy your domain! :-(

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DOMAINER (http://dnsales.profit.com) tricky emails ??

Hi guys i have recently received an adverttising offer to trial of DOMAINER (http://dnsales.profit.com) They claims to send my domains for sale to a sample number of domain buyers (150 emails). then they offer you buy their full service and they will send my domain offers to 9.000 emails of domain buyers. Trial is free so I tried it. The next day i received following letter from probably potentional buyer ( im not gonna list his name and email here maybe just .... he sent me email from @toughguy.com):

Hi there,

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

Is it a developed site or just a domain name? We are mostly interested in domains without web content.

Our partners (webmasters and domain owners) always recommend us to verify an independent appraisal first. It would be fair for both of us.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. It can be an appraisal certificate from www.FastDomainSales.com or www.GreatDomains.com or www.HollywoodDomains.com. It does not matter because they were recommended to me by experienced experts.

Best regards,

What do you think guys is it serious offer or just tricky reply to force me order an appraisal from www.FastDomainSales.com , www.GreatDomains.com , www.HollywoodDomains.com ?Do you have an experience with this ?? Thanx for help

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Definite scam - you pay for an appraisal they don't buy your domain! :-(

I thought so ... unfotunately... email is too generic and suspicious, well thank you for advice .

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. Please do NOT post multiple threads of identical content. Thanks.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is whole communication with this guy. Still think this is spam because domainsystems.com offers affiliates on appraisal, but .... dont want let go real buyer. Thats the prob ..how I recognize somebody is really interested and dont just take comission from services I order......

How about DomainSystems.com? Aftrenic is a sacmming site.

Please read these messages

===================================================
http://afternicsucks.com/anresponses.html

Is Afternic auctioning off STOLEN and HIJACKED domains?.. I own a total of 3500 domain names headquartered at ... from individuals, companies, auctions like ebay, afternic, etc ... to alert the public about stolen and hijacked
www.forum.icann.org/nsi2001/3AC75D7900000305.html

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: Domains for sale

I will do an appraise on afternic.com .... Im not listed there and they are one of top domain company.
Agree ?

To: D Mara
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 8:37 AM

I trust SEDO. I just said it was not indeopendent. They are interested in higehr appraisal in order to get a higher commission. Is it so difficult to understand?

If you think my letter is SPAM that's Ok. Looks for other buyers. I gues you'll find many buyers ...:)
To:
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 7:28 PM

As a member at dnforum.com i post your message (without name and email) to review. All replies i get telling me that your offer is just misleading spam. If you are really serious about this let me choose other appraisal company. I dont mean sedo but other from high 5 top ranked domain trading companies or order appraisal on your own expences. BTW its a bit suspicious that you dont trust SEDO , proven experienced company and as I know from public reviews and my personal experience they are very independent in appraisals

regards
David M.
To: D Mara
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 8:00 AM

Sedo is a good company but your names are listed with them and they cannot do independent appraisals.

I prefer appraisals from independent company I know and trust.
To:
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 4:05 PM

Hi Marc,

Im offering just Domain names without content so it match your needs.
We can agree on payment method after we set the price. Im open for more options..... suitable for both of us.
Personally I prefer sedo.com in all aspects including domain appraisals because I think those guys are real professionals. Most of domain trading sites have even poor web design so i dont trust them much. The sites you listed as good appraisal experts i never used yet so give me a few days to check out them and get some info.
Dont take it in the bad way but it happen very often that i receive similar offer which force me to register or order appraisal but seriosity of this offers are questionable. Usually leads only to pay for appraise and when I pay nothing else happen.So .... Im not saying thats this is your cause, just give me few days for checking domain sites you want for appraisal, or will you accept appraisal from sedo.com ??

Sincerely,

David Mara
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 11:29 PM
Subject: re: Domains for sale

Hi there,

Best regards,

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a similar email about a couple of my domains. The thing that made me suspicious was that all three of their "preferred" appriasal companies charged high fees (upwards of $50) compared to sedo, etc.

So, I did a search on WebHostingTalk and there was a thread about the potential relationship between these emails and www.fastdomainsales.com. I further checked the reverse IP of the source of the email and quite unsurprisingly, it was from Russia.

I emailed him back stating that there is a report that these emails are a scam and that I backtracked the email to Russia...so far, a week later and no further response.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TPT said:
I received a similar email about a couple of my domains. The thing that made me suspicious was that all three of their "preferred" appriasal companies charged high fees (upwards of $50) compared to sedo, etc.

So, I did a search on WebHostingTalk and there was a thread about the potential relationship between these emails and www.fastdomainsales.com. I further checked the reverse IP of the source of the email and quite unsurprisingly, it was from Russia.

I emailed him back stating that there is a report that these emails are a scam and that I backtracked the email to Russia...so far, a week later and no further response.[/QUO

wandering how many people get the bait

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder the same thing. Anytime I deal with an unknown entity online and they throw a curveball, I start to get suspicious. That's when judicious use of Google and further investigation of the source comes into play.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Total SCAM...Get these all the time...The person who sends them owns the appraisel business. At least we know which appraisel sites to blacklist

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sent the following email to the guy :

If Im wrong about you sorry .... If you are really serious buyer hands off from your favorite appraisal sites,
From now ... Im open only for appraisals on sedo. Sorry mate

and i get this answer :

This is not a trick . If you don't belive me just make an appraisal on SEDO. Please select the most expensive appraisal service on Sedo since I don't trust cheap ones.

Now I have headache from this guy because now I really dont know if he is serious buyer or not. Is Possible that Sedo pays this guy if I order an appraisal ? (Im registered with Sedo)

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a scam, trust me, this guy is affiated with hollywooddomains.com, he is hoping that you will go for the cheapest Appraisal Service, which is at HollywoodDomains.com, PLUS I would say he owns (http://dnsales.profit.com) the "dnsales" part!

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx a lot those threads you just posted been very helpful for me .....

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell the guy to go & pay for the appraisal himself if he wants one.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes ...i wrote it to him ... no reply yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom