Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domainer profit margins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a good post at sevenmile blog by Frank Schilling

here we go

Guess what? Google¹s share has gone down (-29%), domainer¹s have basically stayed the same (-3%), and parking companies revenues have increased around 45% (since Q4 2005

Her is Frank Schilling prediction

Some very smart person or group of people is going to set up a transparent and very well run "parking" company that will disrupt the current situation in a significant way.

My guess is this company will offer variances of parked pages, real mini sites and Transparent Accounting to those who park their domains with them

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/smoke-mirrors-a.html?cid=86340420#comments

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmm......wonder who that could be..all we need is the "transparent accounting" (whatever that really means) and I think we have a winner..ding ding ding ding :eek:k:

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am hoping it turns out to be parked...they seem to be the closest to the prophecy of the perfect parking company..they definitely have the best customer service I have seen from just about any Internet related company..

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have always been very open with our partners on what they are getting from us. Yahoo does allow me to tell you what you are getting paid based on our share, but doesn't allow me to tell you what my share is. Google from my understanding doesn't let their parking companies tell any percentages.

I don't expect that Yahoo or Google will have any change of heart anytime soon even though I think that would be cool.

Donny

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google from my understanding doesn't let their parking companies tell any percentages.

I haven't had any problem finding out what my rev share is at certain google feed providers so I guess if there is such a term, google is not too strict about it:)

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is everyone on Parked getting the same share from you guys or is it somewhat based on your traffic quality? You say that you are allowed to tell us our share with your Yahoo feed. So, can you tell us what everyone is getting from Yahoo with you? 70%, 75%? My real question is, if I ask you what my share is and you tell me 70%, will some people hear 65 or 75? If that is the case, how do I raise my share with you or get my share to the maximum that you guys allow?

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
donny , please respond to my pm - it is important !

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sleepys - Everyone gets a different revenue share based on the quantity, quality, and type of domains/traffic that have. Mostly it's an automated system that we use that scores your account and then gives you revenue based on all of the different factors.

Donny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sleepys - Everyone gets a different revenue share based on the quantity, quality, and type of domains/traffic that have. Mostly it's an automated system that we use that scores your account and then gives you revenue based on all of the different factors.
Donny

Donny, sorry mate you lost me.

Is this revenue share base direct proportional to the revenue you receive from yahoo or is just purely with your magic formula which categories your clients to different groups for certain period of time?

Let say you have client A & B , due to the factors you applied by your system you decide client A is going to get 90% and Client B is going to get 40 % revenue cut for each pay cycle.

So at the end of the cycle client A's traffic bring in from yahoo to you a total of $10,000 and client B bring the same amount of $10,000

Is this means are you going to keep $1000 from client A and give him/her
$9000 and you will keep $ 6000 from client B and give him/her only $4000

Please let me know if I got you wrong otherwise that will be very questionable system.

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was at the TRAFFIC show, if I had $1 every time a speaker mentioned the word "transparency" I could have paid for my convention ticket and had change left over.

It starts at the top, I seriously doubt Google and Yahoo are going to give away their "secret sauce". This helps ensure their profitability, as well as regulates fraud.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we really should start a collective parking program...exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom