Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domainers cashing out huge portfolios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

b2bBiz.com Announces Intent To Sell b2bSites.com
Sale to include extremely prominent B2B dot com domain names

Syosset, NY - (April 13, 2005) b2bBiz.com, a developer of business-to-business websites, has announced that it is placing one of its websites www.b2bSites.com up for sale. The sale would also include nearly 1,200 B2B dot com domain names that currently target b2bSites.com and are used to generate traffic and revenues from search result partnerships.

b2bSites.com attracts more than 300,000 annual visitors without any advertising or cross marketing. The traffic is obtained solely by the B2B domains "natural search" ability. A natural search refers to an Internet user entering a dot com term in the URL address bar in order to yield a site relevant to the word(s) entered.

The domains all originate with the prefix B2B and are followed by a generic product or service. A sample of the names include:

b2bAutos.com
b2bCosmetics.com
b2bFood.com
b2bGolf.com
b2bHealthcare.com
b2bJewelry.com
b2bLeads.com
b2bLoans.com
b2bMail.com
b2bTravel.com
b2bWine.com
b2bWireless.com

According to Andrew Wax, president and CEO, "we have owned many of these names since 1999 and anticipated that at some point we would build out each domain with their own unique products, services and information. However, our core focus remains on further developing our flagship site b2bYellowpages.com with services such as our Internet Yellow Pages, B2B Directory and recently launched B2B Brokers."

Wax added that, "our foresight nearly 6 years ago allowed us to acquire the best B2B dot com names available. Our names have always prompted interest from buyers, but we never pursued selling them."

Wax stated that, "this sale now opens up a rare and unique opportunity to own a prominent and very large Internet real estate property, as well as the opportunity to capitalize on the significant B2B e-commerce marketplace potential of the domain names." Research published April 2005 from the UK Association of Online Publishers shows that business decision makers clearly regard B2B sites as the most useful media source for finding work-related information (24%). This is well ahead of print business publications (14%), national and regional newspapers (4%), and major web portals (3%).

Further information can be found at B2B Brokers

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting collection of names, however that's 822 unique type-ins per day from domain names containing a "b2b" prefix on before the actual words.. hard to believe they would get natural typeins like that. It is probably getting some link / search hits.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Interesting collection of names, however that's 822 unique type-ins per day from domain names containing a "b2b" prefix on before the actual words.. hard to believe they would get natural typeins like that. It is probably getting some link / search hits.

That is only 1.459854 hits per name per day! I can believe that if most are no good.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Placing them up for sale and having a buyer is a huge difference. Nice way to get the word out of the "intent to sell" though.

M

mole

If I was looking for keyword dominance in the B2B commerce space, I'd much rather have

Autos.biz
Cosmetics.biz
Food.biz
Golf.biz
Healthcare.biz
Jewelry.biz
Leads.biz
Loans.biz
Mail.biz
Travel.biz
Wine.biz
Wireless.biz

With an asking price of $500,000 for their .COM collection, I'm sure someone would be able to get all of the above.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
b2bcarwashing.com is one of them. lol Is this where you wash another business owners/employees cars?

M

mole

For every B2C business, there is a B2B operational side working in the background. The problem with the .COM collectors in the past is when they wanted to claim they had huge .COM "sets", they just appended something ___blah in the front of the generic. With new namespace you don't need to do that, you go for the real thing.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
b2b.com only gets 202 OV count. B2B doesn't even show up. Either way I wish them luck but I think they are still stuck in the late 90's dream world we can all dream of the big payoff.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
For every B2C business, there is a B2B operational side working in the background. The problem with the .COM collectors in the past is when they wanted to claim they had huge .COM "sets", they just appended something ___blah in the front of the generic. With new namespace you don't need to do that, you go for the real thing.

Mole ... great to see you back. This board was in need of some comic relief. Keep it up Mole!

Shaun

M

mole

Communicate.com bought something similar, a huge set of .COM names with the word 'bound' in them, so maybe communicate.com might want this to.

The meaning B2B is inherent in .BIZ, just like B2C is inherent in .COM, although the .COM namespace has been bastardized to mean anything, including your pet dog.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I had a collection of names like that i'd want to be rid of them quickly too. Took a while for them to realise the dot com boom isn't coming back didn't it.

I wouldn't be boasting about such a low number of uniques and 100% sure that it isn't type ins. Not advertised? yeah like they never had a press release or links from other pages in all those years, I find that very hard to believe. They should give "non-natural search" stats of overall uniques a year as well then, but since they don't you'd have to take their words for it. Something like b2bloans or b2bleads would be getting a majority type ins anyway and the others are there to pad out the look.

<Old timer>
Almost as good a collection as hahajoe had.
</Old timer>

Interesting find nonetheless mole.

M

mole

aactive said:
Mole ... great to see you back. This board was in need of some comic relief. Keep it up Mole!

Thanks, shaun. How do you like my .COM - pet dog association? :party:

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If all 300,000 visitors clicked on a $.10 link the buyer would recoup his/her money in roughly 20 years. Let me break out my check book.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brinkle.com said:
If all 300,000 visitors clicked on a $.10 link the buyer would recoup his/her money in roughly 20 years. Let me break out my check book.

But just think what you could get if you put mesothelioma adsense on every site. That's right, banned from adsense :)

I think b2b traffic would pay better than .1 per click though, just have to find some good affiliate programs.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of what an average banner impression/click through ratio is but I would imagine it's less than 5%. So lets use that 300,000 visitors gets you 15,000 click throughs. "If" every click through earned you $2 a pop that equals $30,000 a year. Subtract out 6,000+ for renewals it still takes you 20 years to recoup. But wait, only an average of less than 5% of those click throughs are going to purchase something.. Catch my drift?

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brinkle.com said:
Catch my drift?

Of course, I totally agree.

hmm I went to b2bsites.com and it looks pretty cheap, like a PPC script template site complete with adsense banners on search results.

They may have better luck selling the "good" names individually. I say good luck to them and their wacky colour scheme choices (b2bbrokers.com).

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Thanks, shaun. How do you like my .COM - pet dog association? :party:

Mole .. speaking of pets, I heard feline.com sold for 15K.. I wonder what feline.biz or feline.info would sell for?

Shaun

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
B2B means "business to business". It is a big business.

NameYourself said:

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
b2b is an outdated term for everday business. b2b.com Nice, and if they owned it they might even be able to back up their asking with it even though the OV results suck. b2becommerce.com soso and it doesn't even appear that they own it. b2bcarwashing.com a crapy domain that should have never been registered. The 1.5 visitors it gets are probably trying to figure out what dumba$$ registered it.

M

mole

aactive said:
I wonder what feline.biz or feline.info would sell for?

I'm not into the female business, so I can't say. Also, it really depends on what the buyer is willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom