Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domainer's Regret Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I try to keep a list of domains I run into but choose not to register. At a later date I revisit my list to re-evaluate some of the domains.

I'm sure it happens to every domainer. You discover a domain but instead of registering you start debating with yourself about its value or lack thereof. Eventually someone else registers it and all of a sudden you view the domain from a different angle.

For me that domain is: bestproduce.co.uk. While the domain may not be worth much, it was to me because I'd done some research on farms in the uk and understood the potential for it. I later understood I was apprehensive of the .co.uk ext. That's why I didn't register it.

A few months later it was registered. Whois provides info for a farm. At least I'm glad it was registered by an end user.

Stories to tell?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has happened to me quite a few times and it still does :)

Often it will be picked by a domainer and available again a year later. So just keep it in your monitoring list :-

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has Happened to me a few times.. Once I was thinking of registering an available one word domain (hindi) but for whatever reason decided not to. Said to myself maybe I should not waste money on it LOL, I check back later and it was registered and was directed to a sales page.

It is on Sale for like $595 I think, and it is a .net extention. .Com was taken a while back, so if this dude ends up selling the domain for $595 then I would be not happy lol because I could have sold it for at least $100 for sure :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom