Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domainfest Wrap-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140404_domainfest.jpg

Here I am sitting in my hotel room the morning after DomainFest. My flight back home doesn’t leave until the evening so I have a bit of time to relax and reflect on the conference, meetings and events.

The question I think that everyone really wants to have answered is, “Was DomainFest worth it?” For me I would like to answer that with an emphatic, “Yes!” Although I enjoyed many of the sessions, what I find even more valuable is that conferences like DomainFest brings together entrepreneurs and investors in the domain space from all over the world.

Let’s face it, domain owners are the 0.001% of people in the world that saw the opportunity and then took action to seize it. During the conference I found myself in conversation after conversation where I was learning from individuals that were building business and assessing opportunities with their domains. This is why I love this industry so much! People are happy to share and share openly and this builds an atmosphere of creativity that is constantly bubbling with fresh, new ideas.

For example, after speaking with a number of the new gTLD registries I now more fully understand their business model (watch for an upcoming blog) and the opportunities that new gTLDs present. Without going to DomainFest I believe that I wouldn’t have gained this insight for a long time if not ever. So many thanks to my gTLD friends that helped me fully appreciate what they are trying to do for the domain industry.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators