Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140123_DomainFest.jpg

It's day two of DomainFest and it's in full swing and I thought that it would be good to comment on my initial impressions. Overall, it's been a great conference so far and lots of business is being conducted by the attendees.

The first keynote speaker, Gary Vaynerchuk, was both entertaining and challenging. One of the things that he shared was that he believed that domain name values would decline over time as the rise of apps would increase. He cited both anecdotal and statistical evidence of this change in behaviour for the teenage market.

Gary also commented on trying to look for trends in the market. He mentioned, virtual reality (Facebook just purchased Oculus Rift), 3D printing and wearable computing as examples to watch out for. Many of his business investment decisions revolve around his perception of future technologies that are about to undergo a viral like explosion.

The three streams of gTLDs, domain monetisation and startups seem to be really resonating with attendees. I personally found the session on raising capital gave me a snap shot of the views of venture capitalists on the industry.

Anyway, that's all so far. I'm looking forward to catching up with more friends and businesses over the next few days.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators