Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DomainFestla

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting....anyone going? Thoughts?

Domain Days 2024

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domainfestla.com

A free version (sorta) of the traffic shows.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it will be in LA area. We have arranged with Marriott, as the event will be held there. RSVP ASAP as space is limited.

This isn't like traffic show, really. Its more of a get together for domainers and network with others. At the same time we are inviting a few key players in the industry to share their thoughts and experience. And ofcourse, food and drinks are on our sponsors, including DomainSponsor, Afternic and dotMobi.

Bottom line, it will be a fun get together!

I did post some information earlier as well. http://www.dnforum.com/thread175194.html

Thanks! and let me know if you have any questions. See you guys there!

PM me if you have RSVPed and haven't received a welcome response for it yet.

Thanks

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It turns out that anyone affiliated with DS competitors are officially NOT invited.

I've communicated with Ron about this. While he agreed that I have some valid points there was no change of heart. I've given him more than ample opportunity now to discuss the matter internally and rethink their stance. Since I've not receive a reply in several days I'm airing my peace in public.

I wouldn't be upset about this except that it was never made clear that its nothing more than a DomainSponsor event. In fact the language used on their "blog" makes clear just the opposite, that the event is designed to be an open, industry wide gathering and that DS is merely the prime sponsor.

Am I wrong about this? Judge for yourselves. Selected excerpts from domainfestla.com:

"The event is meant to be a gathering of domainers for and by domainers. DomainSponsor is simply stepping up as the primary sponsor and coordinator of the event. Domainers from all areas are more than welcome to attend, but we only ask that you contact us in advance and let us know."

"The event is meant to cater to topics that domainers themselves are interested in hearing about, rather than a sales pitch from various sponsoring members."

"We are not trying to set up something exclusive, but due to limited space, we have to warn folks up front, not everyone is going to be able to be accomodated, though we'd love to have everyone who signs up be able to come."

This last one is probably my favorite:

"The quest for sponsorship is on for this gathering of domainers in Los Angeles...
So far, Domain Sponsor is on board.

We've lined up Domain Sponsor already, there's a commitment from them to back events like this.

Special thanks to Domain Sponsor for coming in to support this gathering."

Now if that alone wouldn't lead anyone to belive that the event was independent I don't know what would. But take a look at the whois:

Domain Name: domainfestla.com
Registrar: Name.com LLC
REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Ron Sheridan
Ron Sheridan
2801 Ocean Park Blvd
PMB 307
Santa Monica
CA
US
Phone: +1.2135551212
Email Address: [email protected]
Expiration Date: 2007-08-09 21:49:00
Creation Date: 2006-08-09 19:55:54
Name Servers:
ns1.mediatemple.net
ns2.mediatemple.net

I don't belive it can be denied that this is a DS project all the way and intended to be nothing more than a 3 day sales pitch.

I'm sure that many people, like me, will be fooled by this crap. But many will not. More than anything else I'm concerned that it will be made to seem as though DS competitors simply don't care enough to sponsor or even attend this gathering and not one word will be spoken about how they were barred from coming.

BTW, I'm not saying "don't come" to this event. I hope that everyone who makes it has a great time.

Yes it will be in LA area. We have arranged with Marriott, as the event will be held there. RSVP ASAP as space is limited.

This isn't like traffic show, really. Its more of a get together for domainers and network with others. At the same time we are inviting a few key players in the industry to share their thoughts and experience. And ofcourse, food and drinks are on our sponsors, including DomainSponsor, Afternic and dotMobi.

Bottom line, it will be a fun get together!

I did post some information earlier as well. http://www.dnforum.com/thread175194.html

Thanks! and let me know if you have any questions. See you guys there!

PM me if you have RSVPed and haven't received a welcome response for it yet.

Thanks

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

While I can't comment much on what conversation you had with Ron or anyone else at DomainSponsor, I feel that you knew I am very well involved with organizing this event and at the same time, I am embarassed that you being a member for sometime and holding the title of "Senior Member" didn't have the courtesy to pm me few lines to inquire the situation.

Now, to answer a few concerns:
DomainSponsor is the lead sponsor, yes, however, when me and another friend thought of this idea of sponsoring an event, we contacted a friend who works at domainsponsor as well. So? What is your point?

Infact, DomainSponsor knows what my business is and they consider me a competitor yet they are willing to help us run this show!?

Initially I committed to help out and due to time factor and my involvement in other personal projects, I am getting help from others. Is that wrong?

Are you telling me every event held is fraud? Just because it has sponsors? Are you willing to come to this event and pick up the tabs ? I think not.

Bottom line is, this event wouldn't have happened to the extend it has, had DomainSponsor not supported us. Much like your domains would be nothing had there not been feeds from google/yahoo or advertisers who pay for it, yet you expect the same results?

Comeon, its clear and evident that you are running a competing product to Domainsponsor and you see this as an opportunity to ruin it? But let me tell you something, you are really ruining MY event.

Anyhow, last but not least, this is "for domainers, by domainers" event and although I can't guarantee anything in life, (or else I would know what domains I will own and not work for it ;) ), but I will say this to maintain my own respect, that you will return home with nothing less than the feeling that you are ready to accomplish what it takes to get to the next level. And ofcourse, a big smile on your face :)

It turns out that anyone affiliated with DS competitors are officially NOT invited.

I've communicated with Ron about this. While he agreed that I have some valid points there was no change of heart. I've given him more than ample opportunity now to discuss the matter internally and rethink their stance. Since I've not receive a reply in several days I'm airing my peace in public.

I wouldn't be upset about this except that it was never made clear that its nothing more than a DomainSponsor event. In fact the language used on their "blog" makes clear just the opposite, that the event is designed to be an open, industry wide gathering and that DS is merely the prime sponsor.

Am I wrong about this? Judge for yourselves. Selected excerpts from domainfestla.com:

"The event is meant to be a gathering of domainers for and by domainers. DomainSponsor is simply stepping up as the primary sponsor and coordinator of the event. Domainers from all areas are more than welcome to attend, but we only ask that you contact us in advance and let us know."

"The event is meant to cater to topics that domainers themselves are interested in hearing about, rather than a sales pitch from various sponsoring members."

"We are not trying to set up something exclusive, but due to limited space, we have to warn folks up front, not everyone is going to be able to be accomodated, though we'd love to have everyone who signs up be able to come."

This last one is probably my favorite:

"The quest for sponsorship is on for this gathering of domainers in Los Angeles...
So far, Domain Sponsor is on board.

We've lined up Domain Sponsor already, there's a commitment from them to back events like this.

Special thanks to Domain Sponsor for coming in to support this gathering."

Now if that alone wouldn't lead anyone to belive that the event was independent I don't know what would. But take a look at the whois:

Domain Name: domainfestla.com
Registrar: Name.com LLC
REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Ron Sheridan
Ron Sheridan
2801 Ocean Park Blvd
PMB 307
Santa Monica
CA
US
Phone: +1.2135551212
Email Address: [email protected]
Expiration Date: 2007-08-09 21:49:00
Creation Date: 2006-08-09 19:55:54
Name Servers:
ns1.mediatemple.net
ns2.mediatemple.net

I don't belive it can be denied that this is a DS project all the way and intended to be nothing more than a 3 day sales pitch.

I'm sure that many people, like me, will be fooled by this crap. But many will not. More than anything else I'm concerned that it will be made to seem as though DS competitors simply don't care enough to sponsor or even attend this gathering and not one word will be spoken about how they were barred from coming.

BTW, I'm not saying "don't come" to this event. I hope that everyone who makes it has a great time.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that until now I did not have any idea that you were involved with this show. I don't mean you any disrespect but it seems that despite your "involement" that DS is thouroughly running things now. Will you please correct me if I'm wrong. Who's show is it?

And for the record I'm very much willing to drop some coin on the event, if only I were allowed to. I know how expensive that Marriott food can be. :)

Hello,

While I can't comment much on what conversation you had with Ron or anyone else at DomainSponsor, I feel that you knew I am very well involved with organizing this event and at the same time, I am embarassed that you being a member for sometime and holding the title of "Senior Member" didn't have the courtesy to pm me few lines to inquire the situation.

Now, to answer a few concerns:
DomainSponsor is the lead sponsor, yes, however, when me and another friend thought of this idea of sponsoring an event, we contacted a friend who works at domainsponsor as well. So? What is your point?

Infact, DomainSponsor knows what my business is and they consider me a competitor yet they are willing to help us run this show!?

Initially I committed to help out and due to time factor and my involvement in other personal projects, I am getting help from others. Is that wrong?

Are you telling me every event held is fraud? Just because it has sponsors? Are you willing to come to this event and pick up the tabs ? I think not.

Bottom line is, this event wouldn't have happened to the extend it has, had DomainSponsor not supported us. Much like your domains would be nothing had there not been feeds from google/yahoo or advertisers who pay for it, yet you expect the same results?

Comeon, its clear and evident that you are running a competing product to Domainsponsor and you see this as an opportunity to ruin it? But let me tell you something, you are really ruining MY event.

Anyhow, last but not least, this is "for domainers, by domainers" event and although I can't guarantee anything in life, (or else I would know what domains I will own and not work for it ;) ), but I will say this to maintain my own respect, that you will return home with nothing less than the feeling that you are ready to accomplish what it takes to get to the next level. And ofcourse, a big smile on your face :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom