Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domaining Mentor Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokun

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Newbie domainer seeks experienced mentor to help him navigate the pitfalls and hurdles of the domaining game. I am 27, down on my luck and based in the UK. You are wise, forgiving and patient."

That would be my advert in the personals section of a domaining magazine, if we had one here in the UK.

The reason I am now resorting to such extreme measures is that I've had a run of bad luck and feel like I need someone to pull my out of this rut. A short history of my domaining career:

• Bought a dozen pretty useless domains (who doens't do this when they're starting out?)
  • Bought a TLA .co.uk via Dotster only to have it taken back due to an incorrect listing
  • Bought a TLA .com only to have it taken back due to an incorrect listing
  • Bought nuclearenergy.com via Afternic for $700 only to have it taken back due to an incorrect listing
  • Sent money for a TLA.com to SEDO and still waiting for a response 10 days later.
  • Received numerous emails that my backorders for several .co.uk TLA have been unsuccessful
  • Bought 4 high OVT keyword domains only to discover that I ain't getting traffic to 'em.
  • Bought 1 domain for $60 and sold it a week later for $400 - this was the highlight of my carerr; it's been downhill ever since.

So, is anyone brave enough to help me out and get me back on the road to recovery?!

:sigh2:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We have all made mistakes and have had our share of bad luck, its part of the business, you need to overcome the pitfalls, learn by them and continue to pursue your goals.

In a way, we are all mentors here, read and ask questions and you will learn. I wish you success........RG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom