Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domaining Stress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know this whole industry is suppose to be fun and fast - but its become increasingly stressful fo me - from deciding which domains to keep/sell to deciding how to best monetize - but I feel the most significant stress has sadly come from domaining communities and domainers - some are really cut throat and will use whatever means/power they have to throw you off your business.

I really wish it wasn't such a competitive biz - I don't think that aspect suits me - I don't see myself competing with others, however, when I do come up with something interesting - I am always fearful of sharing as it may seem so interesting to someone else as to find a way to get me out of the picture so they can pursue the idea themselves. Sometimes I wish I never got into this industry I really do - it has a really cold and heartless feel to it. Wonder if anyone has any wise words for me... I hope no one takes this personally, and it would be great if someone empathized with me on this...

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sha....wow...and u live in Toronto....here in NY.....multiply all the above by 25x...:)

What business isn't competitive and cut-throat???

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sha....wow...and u live in Toronto....here in NY.....multiply all the above by 25x...:)

What business isn't competitive and cut-throat???

LOL yeah I guess you got me on the NYC comparison - and you're right, I've only been there twice and it is hectic (and I live in downtown toronto)!!! Where are all the grocey stores in NY???

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't Give Up...but if you do ...Sell me your domains LOL :pound:

you don't have to run your business the same as everyone else, if someone is rude...don't deal with em etc ... you might lose out on some dollars but you can have a control of your business maybe your trying too hard to fit in...find your own way.

Heck what am I saying??? im stress to the hills :pound:

:yo:

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't Give Up...but if you do ...Sell me your domains LOL :pound:

you don't have to run your business the same as everyone else, if someone is rude...don't deal with em etc ... you might lose out on some dollars but you can have a control of your business maybe your trying too hard to fit in...find your own way.

Heck what am I saying??? im stress to the hills :pound:

:yo:

"don't try too hard to fit in" <--honestly I think you nailed it there. Maybe I'm not trying so hard to fit in as much as I really just badly want to fit it. I guess you could say in all regards, from my upbringing (parents not in picture, sux! learned to deal with it) to having to let go off all the friends I had cause they DID/DO nothing and I have nothing in common with them anymore other than music, girls and fashion stlye - meaning I can't even stand to be around people I know, because they all all dumbasses - so I'm left with the online world and domaining - and I know we all come from different backgrounds - but I feel sometimes feel like mine shows through and is not liked/wanted in domain circles. :( and if I dont have here, I really dont have anywhere that stimulates the brain...

Prometheus2130

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if there would be more transparency for anyone who is involved to this industry, it would not people drive so much stressed for even little issues.

Sounds like to every Business. Allways dancing with one eye into illusion and the other one never sleeps. :smilewinkgrin:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if there would be more transparency for anyone who is involved to this industry, it would not people drive so much stressed for even little issues.

Sounds like to every Business. Allways dancing with one eye into illusion and the other one never sleeps. :smilewinkgrin:

I agree but unlike most businesses, I'd say the majority of domainers are people and not corporations. When it is a person, they'll feel it personally (in their wallet etc..) but when it is in a corporation, they are more numb to the pains.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read my sig.

Prometheus2130

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True,

these differences are almost good to feel here.

I agree but unlike most businesses, I'd say the majority of domainers are people and not corporations. When it is a person, they'll feel it personally (in their wallet etc..) but when it is in a corporation, they are more numb to the pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom