Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domainpeople.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't transfer domains in domainpeople, since they locked them without my permission. Anyone can suggest me solutions?

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to e-mail them asking for unlock. They will e-mail you back the following:
"Hi there,

Please provide the password for authentication so we can unlock the domain.

Thanks,"

not good... but it was the only way for me to initiate transfer of domain catched for me by snapnames. I sent them my password
by e-mail... they unlocked the domain and I transferred it without any additional verifications

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had to call them....

I waited on hold for about 40 minutes, and got some guy who listened to my problem for like 2 seconds and then put me on hold again so a "manager" could handle my issue.

Then I had to spend 20 more minutes waiting, before I could spend another 20 minutes explaining why I wanted the name unlocked, and no he can't offer me a better price that will keep me with them (especially not after all the crap I had to go through just to get as far as I had gotten). Even after all that, it still took them 2 full days to unlock the domain.

Email might be a better way to track things, to prove timestamps and what not, but I guess I'd be hesitant to give the password over email. (Which is probably a silly hang-up on my part... but that's just me).

Anyway, they will unlock it eventually, but it might take a follow-up phone call and be prepared for the mega-hardsell to keep the domain with them.

Carolyn

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cshel I had to call them....
I waited on hold for about 40 minutes, and got some guy who listened to my problem for like 2 seconds and then put me on hold again so a "manager" could handle my issue. Then I had to spend 20 more minutes waiting, before I could spend another 20 minutes explaining why I wanted the name unlocked, and no he can't offer me a better price that will keep me with them (especially not after all the crap I had to go through just to get as far as I had gotten). Even after all that, it still took them 2 full days to unlock the domain. Email might be a better way to track things, to prove timestamps and what not, but I guess I'd be hesitant to give the password over email. (Which is probably a silly hang-up on my part... but that's just me). Anyway, they will unlock it eventually, but it might take a follow-up phone call and be prepared for the mega-hardsell to keep the domain with them.
Carolyn

Domainpeople are not very good, they were the only reg that was unable to reg even 1 .US name for me during the LandRush 1 yr ago this month. They held my prereg order until well after the opening bell so all were taken by then.

Plus they are very high priced. They told me their lowest price reg fee was an amazing $100 for a dot-com name they had reg'd which had expired and was late in dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom