Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domainpeople's Reseller Control Panel has Missing Pages

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The page to:

(a) lock/unlock domains,
(b) change DNS settings, and
(c) edit the available one-page website

has just disappeared over the past few days.

Domains become unlocked at expiry and remain so after renewal until manually re-locked. This facility has disappeared

domaineople says:

Hello Carl,
Thank you for contacting DomainPeople Technical Support.
In the upcoming couple of months we are planning on upgrading/migrating the platform for our reseller partners. Our developers are currently working on the matter but the upgrade hasn't started yet and we will provide you with more details about the process as soon as the whole procedure is scheduled.
For this particular issue, can you please provide us with screenshots of the page/functionality that is missing so we can advise on the matter.
Regards,
Dean G. | Technical Support
Need help quickly? Contact us via Live Chat

to which, I replied:

I tried typing above the line and it didn't work.

I can't provide you with screenshots of the page/s because the page/s are no longer available. That's my purpose in writing to you. Surely you realise that!

You seem to be saying that resellers will no longer be able to:

(a) lock their domains
(b) change their DNS settings, or
(c) work on their one page websites

while y'all are amending the reller pages. (Ed: should be 'reseller')

Surely this cannot be the case because it it were, many resellers would migrate to more stable registrars and the forums at dnforum.com would accumulate negative comments.

Please say it ain't so

Regards,

Carl

Does anyone have experience with domainpeople (which has consistently provided good customer support otherwise)?

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The headline has been dumped. It is:

DOMAINPEOPLE'S RESELLER PANEL HAS DROPPED A KEY SETTINGS PAGE

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not use them but how is the reseller pricing compare to other registrars and what about tech support?

Thanks
John
Normally tech support is G to VG and, depending on number of dmains (me about 440) you have an account exec and most tech etc queries go to him or her for fairly rapid response. Reseller price for dot com is about $9.30 (I have to pay Canadian sales tax on that).

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not use them but how is the reseller pricing compare to other registrars and what about tech support?

Thanks
John
I've used them and their precursor incarnation since mid-1999

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agree with john

why not use a mainstream registrar that's known in domaining community

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agree with john

why not use a mainstream registrar that's known in domaining community
Not totally opposed to the idea but one builds up a lot of inertia with nearly 20 years' experience with a registrar - particularly when 99% of it has been plain sailing with an account executive at the other end of the phone, or emails to him actioned generally within 24 hours. It's like changing your barber:)

However, I am hearing of late thsat there may be deeper issues at domainpeople though I'm not alleging that.

I can't sort anything out at the weekend so let's see what Jan 15-16 bring.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to promote Godaddy but I sold a lot of names because they are at Godaddy.
End users are afraid when you ask them to register with another registrar. I lost a couple of sales when the names are with other registrars.

I am not concerning about pricing - All I am concerned is the well-known name to the public and tech support.
50 cents difference in registration fees would not convince me to switch the registrar. This is a common question from newbies:
"Which registrar offer the best price?"

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to promote Godaddy but I sold a lot of names because they are at Godaddy.
End users are afraid when you ask them to register with another registrar. I lost a couple of sales when the names are with other registrars.

I am not concerning about pricing - All I am concerned is the well-known name to the public and tech support.
50 cents difference in registration fees would not convince me to switch the registrar. This is a common question from newbies:
"Which registrar offer the best price?"

I agree. Johnn - security and affability are key

carledgar

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Issue is resolved - thanks all/Carl

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators