Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domains on ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do you think its possible to clear $4,000 profits per month on ebay selling domains???

Anyone had much luck with selling on ebay??

cheers

Last edited:

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't had alot of luck. You get low bidders, + the ebay fees + their percentage. Not worth it to me.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to make $4,000 profits per month by selling domains, why not list the domains on Sedo, Afternic, other auction houses, on domain forums or in live auctions? eBay is one of the worst places to sell domains, in my experience.

C

Chuck

I also would suggest staying away from ebay with domains.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the ability for buyers to chargeback.
With a digital good or service sellers get no protection.
Even when you have signed contracts, you will always lose.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to buy and sell on eBay (several years ago) with a little success, but with the fees and other problems mentioned it makes it a low margin proposition these days.

For buying, I used to like to look through the websites and domains categories, but they are now so poluted with junk, that I don't want to waste my time wading through the trash to find something I want.

drondeau

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't had alot of luck. You get low bidders, + the ebay fees + their percentage. Not worth it to me.

Agreed ! Ebay is the worst possible place to sell names, no matter what the "experts" that write ebooks tell you. :)

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But ebay is good for advertising. List your domain for billion dollars and you would get some attention. LOL

stewmath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive listed domains for cheap in sedo etc before, i never get any interest from buyers.

soooo. i just develop

got a domain for great future potential BiometicUsb.com but i couldnt even sell that to a company selling biometric usb devices, haha big fail

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you think its possible to clear $4,000 profits per month on ebay selling domains???
4k clear a month selling domains on ebay :faint:

maybe with higher quailty names, but if you have the names to make 4k/month on ebay you could make more money selling them else where.

Good Luck
:yo:

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest selling your domains on ebay, I get better prices!

uto567

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ebay was not a good experience for me, as a seller.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few on ebay now that will likely end at reseller pricing close to a price attainable here

Ebay is a buyers market.

Sometimes good sales can be made...

I sold a poker name for $1500 that would have never sold for that on dnf... (fixed best offer)

I sold a LNN for double what a sister name like it I had sold for on dnf... (auction)

but it can go sour...

I had a LNN sell for less than a non-paying sedo bidder had won it for previously...

Fixed price with best offers - 30 days - are a decent way to list names... 30 days for .35

4k a month on ebay?

maybe a registrar recycling drops could do this. It would take hundreds of auctions and depend on the acquisition cost of the domains (free, $8/each, more)

Last edited by a moderator:

mibworld

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to have that kind of profit selling domains at ebay, unless you have high quality names, but, as others have said, why would you sell there in that case? There are better options to sell high quality names.

However, ebay can be a good venue to sell your "unwanted" inventory, but don't expect to receive high offers for them.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ebay has FINALLY reduced the listing fees now after so many people quit using them. They are encouraging sellers to return to the site by offering 5 free auction listings every month.

The prices you can expect to get for most domains on ebay are at least comparable to the reseller / drop prices you sell for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom