Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domains & OVT? What the?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, I pretty new to buying/selling domains. In alot of the domains for sale listings I am seeing OVT domains. Im assuming OVT stands for Overture? But whats the no. all about?

Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
But whats the no. all about?

Thanks

traffic indicator

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
Excuse my ignorance, I pretty new to buying/selling domains. In alot of the domains for sale listings I am seeing OVT domains. Im assuming OVT stands for Overture? But whats the no. all about?

Thanks

Hi dcristo,

Welcome to the wild world of domains. The overture score is based on the key word selector tool score for a search term like "sex" to see how relevant your domain name is compared to what people are looking for. You can find the tool here:

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/rc/srch/?mkt=us

When people are selling "OVT" names basically these are domains that should have traffic because the person checks the OVT score WITH THE TLD EXTENSION. This means they search for a term including the dot com or othe tld ending like this " SEX.com" The score shows how many times in a certain month that people looked for that domain by typing it into a search engine operated by Yahoo and it's affiliates. The more traffic and he type of traffic make the domain valuable to advertisers.

I hope this gives you a bit of the idea behind OVT scores. Please keep in mind that this is only one way to measure traffic and that it is not a perfect guide to wether a given name will have traffic or not.

Best of luck to you in the domain market. I recommend spending time reading these forums as you will see the bigger picture and hopefully avoid many rookie mistakes most of us have made costing time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom