Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domains reselling question

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

domains1357

Hello,

I'm new in domains stuff and have a question about reselling domains with afternic or similar domain auctions.

I have a cool domain name that i want to sell, so i'm registering at afternic or similar service and post my domain there. Someone wants to buy my domain, he makes large bid that i'm happy with and sale is closed. I have questions about closing part:

1. How client can be assured that i will actually hand over domain when he pays me the money?

2. Is money transfer direct from client to me or it is done thru auction or how is it done? (please don't suggest paypal because paypal doesn't work with country i live in)

3. Do auctions take some percent from sale and if yes then how much is that fee?

Another question: what's the best auction site to sell high profile domain (domain with price > 1000$) ?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you have a high value sale, I would strongly suggest using escrow.com. The buyer sends them the money and once you transfer the domain, escrow.com will send the money to you. This can be done with wire-transfer or a check.

There are fee involved in escrowing, usually the buyer will pay the fees or an arrangement can be made where costs are split.

As far as auctions ar concerned, there is a sellers fee if you sell a domain on thier site. Each site is different so you have to check the fine print.

I hope this helps...

D

domains1357

Thank you for your answer.

I have one more question: i looked at list of recent sales at afternic and there was a domain "wish.com". how much time it usually takes for such domain to sell, assuming that price isn't very high - let's say around 2000-3000$ (according to afternic wish.com was sold for 12.5k$)?

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious if you find a good aution site for domains. There doesn't seem to be any, maybe its just the market in general. Afternic is closing down, but I think I heard someone was buying them. You really need a good name on their auction, or pay for a higher service. I would at least find out more info about the future of afternic before you plump down the $50 membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom