Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domains Strategy: Parking v. Content w/ Adsense (Critiques and Suggestions Welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syuzhet

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I have roughly 20 domains. Originally, I was just gonna use Adsense parking for domains, but quickly realized that wasn't gonna get much traffic. Looked into Sedo as far as putting them on the market, but again, there's so many damn Sedo domains for sale and these newer ones have no traffic.

So I was thinking about building these domains out. I have hosting, which allows up to 999 subdomains w/ Wordpress. Some domains are keywords, some are keyword typos (no trademarks), and some are sites I plan to give quality content to.

I started converting the parked domains into subdomains (they are then their own ------.com) and slapping an Adsense friendly wordpress template onto them, setting up the blogroll with related links and the posts with links to stories to drive the content of the Adsense ads.

These domains are so new, they haven't made the Google index yet, but I have so many to set up, by the time I'm done with the last one, the first ones I set up will perhaps be coming up on search.

I've thought about using an autoblogging plugin like WP-o-Matic, but I'd rather not zap the google index.

It seems like success on Sedo is somewhat based upon a site's existence in the google stratosphere. Domain parking would seem to only be successful if the person misspelled http://whatever.com instead of misspelling whatever and looking at the google results.

Would this strategy work somewhat? I'm not quite sure if I want to farm these domains for later sale or just try and break even (and then more) off of Adsense.

Is this stupid? Naive? Ill-fated? Too much work?

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO, develop these with a simple setup where you provide readily available information and display ads or affiliate links. Parking is good if the domain name is likely to be typed in. Want to see results, setup web sites and do your SEO work first to identify content and appropriate titles/subject headings. It's work if you want to get paid. Furthermore, the value is added if the domain has traffic.

raoul

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a butcher sampling his own meat....

ask the parking guys, they will swear on parking
ask a developer , he will say you should develop
ask Rick Latoya, he will say you need to do a minisite.

no real awnser to this question.

Do you have a good budget? Can you do yourself alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom