Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domains which I don't own in my Namecheap account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a WhoisGuard renewal notice today from Namecheap for a domain that I don't own (forum52.com). Logged into my Namecheap account and found a total of eleven domains in my account (with Whoisguard subscriptions, but not enabled) out of which only three were mine. Not sure how the other eight domains were added to my account. The eight domains in question are:

badcreditloansin.com
chromehype.com
datingcha.com
forum52.com
forumcvt.com
loansnomoney.com
singlecarhaulers.com
volunteersource.org

Did a google search for some of the domain names and sure enough they turned up in one or more of the major domain forums including this one

http://www.dnforum.com/f283/mafiaconnection-com-plus-35-more-sites-domains-thread-374248.html

Checked the other posts for the user "democrat" and came across this thread.

http://www.dnforum.com/f417/user-democrat-patty-similien-thread-379598.html

I've sent a mail to Namecheap's customer support regarding this issue and have asked them to remove the domains from my account.

First time anything like this has happened to me and I'd really appreciate it if any of you'll who have had an issue like this crop up, let me know if there's anything further that I need to do? Has anyone come across a list of stolen names which has the above domains included?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes. All these are Patty Similien's domains. She probably pushed them to your account to cause problems.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WTF??? If she really did that, that's incredible. Can you do just push a name into somebody else account without them knowing about it and especially without approving it? Man, that's jacked!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
WTF??? If she really did that, that's incredible. Can you do just push a name into somebody else account without them knowing about it and especially without approving it? Man, that's jacked!

With most registrars all you need is their username, no incoming authorization is needed. As far as I know, only GoDaddy offers the option to turn down an incoming push.

Vikz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only given out my Namecheap details to one user for a domain push and that user is very reputable.

Namecheap only requires a username for a domain push, so I guess it must have been a trial and error job with multiple users on this forum and I was the lucky one :rolleyes: cause I have the same username on the forum and on Namecheap. Time to change that I think.

Can't edit my post above, but a quick update. Raised a support ticket to Namecheap's support and the domains along with their WhoisGuard were removed from my account in less than 24 hours :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jesus!
wtf

surely they should have sent you email confirmation???
how did they push

this ex member, democrat needs to be taken down. it has ripped off too many dnf members and is laughing about it
i suggest those who have lost real money absolutely go to authorities and keep everyone informed if the police/whoever are doing their job in pursuing
i think we need one dedicated thread to pursue this, and even i will stop the jerking around. enough is enough

just my opinion

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's why the Patty Similien threads need to be reopened. There is so much more to be added on a daily basis.

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jesus!
wtf

surely they should have sent you email confirmation???
how did they push

this ex member, democrat needs to be taken down. it has ripped off too many dnf members and is laughing about it
i suggest those who have lost real money absolutely go to authorities and keep everyone informed if the police/whoever are doing their job in pursuing
i think we need one dedicated thread to pursue this, and even i will stop the jerking around. enough is enough

just my opinion
Namecheap does not need any approval for the domains to come in. It just goes in if the person tranfering knows the a little bit of details.
Amazing eh. I know yah like the rest above godaddy is the only registrar which you need approval to let the domains in.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro,

Moniker also protects against with their their security code feature....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom