Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Domainsatcost - renewals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity i am wondering why you are able to renew other people's domains at domainatcost...

Apparently if your domain is at domainatcost you can choose to renew without logging in. You can also renew anyone elses domain.

What is the purpose of this?

Domain Days 2024

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen this at a few registrars. I believe they do this to make things easier for everyone. If a company wants to renew, their techs and accounts payable don't have to coordinate user codes and passwords.

It also helps individuals that already have a thousand user names and passwords, you can renew without trying to figure it out.

I think it's really smart for everyone involved -jmho.

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
onlinestoreca is exactly right. It is important to note that the renewal does not get charged to the credit card on account, the person renewing must provide a credit card. It does happen from time to time that someone mistakes how the feature works and renews someone elses name but most often it is used by people working for the company that may not have the login information.

Domainsatcost.ca is our sister company and i am very familiar with the system and how it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom