Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DomainSite.com Review (not advertising)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aia

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently started using DomainSite.com which I'm sure many of you's know and use for there cheap pricing.

Unfortunately for me, I've had some issues with their website etc and I'd like to share an experience I've had with DomainSite.

---------------------------------------------
The Forgotten Password area of DomainSite.com
---------------------------------------------

You better hope you don't forget that password of yours! Because I proved the emails it sent never reached a lot of clients! It certainly didn't work with my host and hence with many other hosts. I've been with my host for 2 years, they answer emails in 20 minutes and are the most on-the-ball host I've been with. Them > DomainSite.

Anyway.. it took about 3 WEEKS of stupid template-based emails from DomainSite regarding the usage of the forgotten password area on their site (which even make PayPal replies look honorable) that I finally just took my own initiative and contacted my host to find out what was happening. It was a poorly configured web server/address or so at DomainSite's end.

Am I the only person that would of had this problem?

No.

Has DomainSite lost customers because of this?

Yes.

Have I saved DomainSite future customers who didn't want to deal further with an organisation that can't send forgotten password reminders? Yes. If I owned any decent names (even many crap ones $regfee) and the registrar can't send forgotten passwords I'd probably start feeling pretty edgy.

I felt all my enduring efforts - weeks - which have helped DomainSite, were worth a measly $20 credit to my DomainSite account so I asked for it recently. After all I used up alot of my free time writing clear-but-long emails and having to read there emails fit for a 5 year old, for 3 weeks, (in which they often took 2-3 days to reply) and helped them solve a Business Problem. Did I mention I also have ~25 domains with them.

I also spent a small sum on International phone calls to call them which I told them. By the way, that phone number they have listed on their front page.. I called it 6-9 times on different days and times. EVERY TIME it went to music and an eventual "Leave A Message" (which I did).
Basically that phone number is more to answer basic questions and set an apperance of professionalism. Nothing wrong with working out of the bedroom, but failing to pick up a phone every time means terrible customer service to me or "they"/that person really ARE working out of a bedroom and want to hide.

Anyway, they said "No" to my small ask. It's not much, but it's a sign of appreciation. If they had treated me better I'd be referring them clients.

This is a good example of a business we can all learn how NOT to be with our own.

My recommendations:
If you want cheap prices and think DomainSite isn't going to "go away" any time soon - and have a very well managed system for your domains (hence never forget passwords) - use DomainSite.

If you want the odd customer service in a timely manner, with proper responses - and possibly a telephone number that goes to a Human - Stay away from DomainSite.

aia

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh the email wars.
A good way to get rid of these issues is to make the accounts yourself and issue the custom passwords.
Or make the place visitor accessible until further notice.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
been using domainsite for a while, never had a problem with them, I call them directly and they are always great.

jay

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This shows the ugly downside of being the customer service stepchild.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 months old, weird this thread was pulled up.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never had trouble with Domainsite.

Their replies were reasonabley quick whe I had a question (via email)
Got warnings when someone was trying to access my account and use the wrong password. (Nice security feature)

Best .info pricing for the first year.
Lots of great "freebies" to use with your names.

Sorry to hear you had troubles.
but they still get a good rating in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom