Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domainsite warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watch these guys as they do NOT update your domain portfolio after transfers out. This is the second time I've transferred out names, go back to the account later and see names still marked as expired. So I hit the renew buttons, pay the fees, and the receipt reflects a "TRANSFER" charge? Of course the names now reflect in the domainsite account as "renewed" another year, but the names are really at Fabulous.

Here I thought registrars were done with this not updating the records and phishing for fees? I'd expect this of the Regfly crooks, but twice now from these guys -- sheesh!

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you transfer the name pretty close to expiration time just curious.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nah they do it alot. They send you renewal letters for domains that you have transfered out to other registrars . ;-)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you transfer the name pretty close to expiration time just curious.
Nope, and checking now, they managed to double bill me as well. They are really sounding more like Regfly every day.

Wouldn't you think that their system would pick up on the fact that the name is NOT with their registrar when it charges to renew the name? Really bad when it still shows in the account AND renewed. Both wrong.

JayB

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesnt Seem Right....

I Have Been With DomainSite For 2 Years Now, And Never Had Any Trouble With Transfer/Pushs.

Contact Support, Im Sure They Can Help.

Kind Regards, JMD

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesnt Seem Right....

I Have Been With DomainSite For 2 Years Now, And Never Had Any Trouble With Transfer/Pushs.

Contact Support, Im Sure They Can Help.

Kind Regards, JMD
The transfers out went fine. It's just that they continue to show domains as still in the account when they are NOT. Worse, they show as expired. Worse, they send out renewal notices on them. Worse, they actually accept payment for renewal (double bill) and mark the non-existant domains as renewed.

I use to see this crap with several registrars years ago, but here I thought they had advanced past that garbage. Guess Domainsite is just a hold-out and focusing too much on tasting TM typos.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am moving everything out from Domainsite for couple of month already. Thousands of domains. It's a mess, but thanks god I am almost finished. I would keep it there but did not want to pay $8 for renewals.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Curious, where did you move your domains to Denny?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious, where did you move your domains to Denny?

Enom. They had $6.50 summer tranfers which accelerated it. But now I am thinking with 1K+ domains to transfer they would give this price to everyone.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess summer special is over? Did you have to fax them?

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First time I have heard troubles with DomainSite.

NameCheap used to do the same with expired names.
Ithen moved over to DomainSite.
Now starting to move over to Moniker with the great special pricing for DNF members.

What other problems have people had with DomainSite?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess summer special is over? Did you have to fax them?

I think if you would be moving some larger amount of domains you can ask them and they will give $6.50. fax is for pussies, I use scan+email - fax is nothing but B/W scan anyway...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What other problems have people had with DomainSite?

Even if there would be not other problems the $1 different per domain is huge with thousands of domains per year. They have $7 regs to get customers but renewal is $8, I asked them before moving to give me $7 for renewals but they rejected.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even if there would be not other problems the $1 different per domain is huge with thousands of domains per year. They have $7 regs to get customers but renewal is $8, I asked them before moving to give me $7 for renewals but they rejected.

I hear you on this one, hence the Moniker Move...as renewals come

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom