Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domainsponsor and information.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesticker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alot of my domains end up as information.com when directed to DS.

"When our system is unable to determine the domain name for a traffic source, it may serve up a default information.com landing page"

this wont help when trying to sell my domains
how do i change this?

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When this happens, it usually means you have enter in the forwarding urls wrong. Make sure you check your redirect url and see if its correct.

T

tekz999

Dont use this:
htttp://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=<YOUR ID HERE>&adultfilter=off&domainname=referer_detect

Use this:
htttp://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=<YOUR ID HERE>&adultfilter=off&domainname=<DOMAINNAME HERE>

Hope this helps.

Change htttp to http

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I could try tekz suggestion as well.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either that or call them and get set up with proredirect and change your nameservers over instead of forwarding. You have more control that way.

T

tekz999

Yes I know, I can hear "Thank you tekz" in your hearts. Everything is working now, good ;D

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Dont use this:
htttp://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=<YOUR ID HERE>&adultfilter=off&domainname=referer_detect

Use this:
htttp://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=<YOUR ID HERE>&adultfilter=off&domainname=<DOMAINNAME HERE>

Hope this helps.

Change htttp to http

How about if we don't know which names have this issue as normally we use same forwarding link for a portfolio of nameS? So should we use unique link for EACH name??

And also my link looks like this :

http://landing.domainsponsor.com/?a_id==<YOUR ID HERE>&domainname=referer_detect&adultfilter=off , why is it different from yours?

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About 9.8 percent of my traffic goes to information.com

What about you people? I am curious if mine is high or not.

owenw

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About 0.01%. Redirect each name as Tekz suggested and it almost never happens.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like DS wants people to use the "URL Forwarding using Frames" method, but I can not find out why or if that really is the best option.

from DS:
"If you'd prefer to change your nameservers (DNS) to park your domains with us, please contact sales support to inquire about our DNS solution."

Why do they make people ask permission? It seems like they are trying to limit the number of people who use this option, but I am not sure why.

from DS:
"Manual Redirect"
"This method requires more work than the above method and should only be applied when your registrar does not provide a way to forward your domains in a frame."

Does "only" mean ONLY? For example, what if someone wanted to use a combination of the "Manual Redirect" and also do the masking/stealth as mentioned in the "URL Forwarding using Frames" method?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999,

I used the method you mentioned. Seems like I was wasting 10% of my traffic. Thanks

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another option for DSers with these problems is to setup your domains at ParkItNow.com or Traffic Club. Both of these solutions will solve your problem and allow you to see if DS is really the best parking site for your domain (if you want to do this).

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been with DS for just under 1 day. 12.5% of my visitors are from information.com. I find this strange since from the information above, it's from miss-typed URL Frame forwarding and I only have 4 main registrars, all of which were global updated with the URL provided by DS and cut 'n paste by me into registrar's global update feature. I randomly checked a domain at each registrar and it appears to be correct. If it was from mistyped URL forwarding, I should be seeing approx 0 information.com. There must be something else at work here. But what?

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not think it is mistypes. I think it may be technical issues.

There are hundreds of different configurations when you add up all of the different operating systems (and versions), and Internet browsers (and versions) that are in use worldwide.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the way around these technical issues to use proredirect.com?

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok. I know, I'm a complete newbie with DS, but I just got 4 x $36 clicks on information.com :) I'm feeling great, but I wish I knew which domain it was :( Just had to tell someone :)

OK. I'm just looking at the next day's stats now, and I'm still getting big revenues on information.com which today doesn't have any clicks, only searches. So it seems like the RPC is a bit false. What is the RPC on searches with revenue but no clicks? (rhetorical question).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom