Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DomainSponsor and Search Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

eCommando

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone who has some experience with DomainSponsor answer these questions?

I am contemplating parking some of my domains on DomainSponsor.
For some of these domains, I will be developing them into their own sites later.

My question is, does parking on DomainSponsor using the redirect cause search engines to penalize the domain?

I am particularly concerned with the Yahoo search engine since I have noticed that many sites that are parked on Parking services have only 1 page indexed in Yahoo even after it's no longer parked there and has many pages on the site now. We all know that having only 1 Page in Yahoo basically means the site has been penalized and impossible to get the rest of the pages indexed.

So, if I park my domain at DomainSponsor now and about 4 months later I want to start developing that domain, will I be able to get more than 1 page indexed in Yahoo, and Google?

Thank you for your insight . . .

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The penalty is temporary ... once the SEs sees there's unique content there, it will be indexed normally again in short order.

Ron

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
shortly? try 6-12 months...if you are lucky, that is. google for example considers domainsponsor.com/sedo.com/etc... landing pages as spam -- they ban all sites forwarding to em in a hurry since they are useless.

if you want to avoid being penalized use a framed redirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom