Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DomainSponsor - Big Revenue Drop Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a slight decrease in revenues with DomainSponsor in the first week since the new landers were put in place. Most of the decrease has been taking place during the last half of the day, but today my revenues are down almost 70%, is anyone else experiencing this today (saturday 12/18)? I know it's a Saturday, but even for a slow saturday it's still only making about 1/3rd of what it should be.

Has anyone been able to make more with the other PPC services? If so, which ones have worked the best for everyone?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they just have not updated the stats today.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had an increase of over 200%-400% since the changeover.
Stats for me do not update until several hours later or a few times a day.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
I've had an increase of over 200%-400% since the changeover.
Stats for me do not update until several hours later or a few times a day.

What kind of names have you noticed the increases on? Any particular industry or name with particular traffic sources?

Most of mine are generic product names receiving typein traffic (no links) with lots of overture searches and for the most part revenues on those types of names have dropped slightly.

I'm curious to see why some people are experiencing increases while others are seeing huge drops. What types of names has everyone else seen the increases vs. decreases in?

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today is looking grim for us as well. Probably the lowest day in two months and we've recently added new domains. Yesterday was fine and the day before it was a new high.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
What kind of names have you noticed the increases on? Any particular industry or name with particular traffic sources?

I think it all depends on the product listings available.

Generic type-in .com names for products or services seem to convert the best but I wouldn't say I am making a ton of money like some other people.

I have a couple domains that get higher amounts of traffic but cannot optimize well because no sponors fall under the keywords people are searching for. I'm not sure what to do in these cases.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are 0 visitors for U.S. anyone else? the usual traffic is real low and definately the revenue is low!

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adill420 said:
I have noticed that there are 0 visitors for U.S. anyone else? the usual traffic is real low and definately the revenue is low!

I think one reason for drop in visitors and revenue is the fact their pages take so long to load. Sometimes users do not stick around to find out what was on there.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
I think one reason for drop in visitors and revenue is the fact their pages take so long to load. Sometimes users do not stick around to find out what was on there.

It tooks too long to load, I am from estonia, I have good connection but still it loads too low.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is something dead wrong with DS. My yesterday's revenue was down below 50% of the daily average. No update in traffic or revenue stats for me in the last 7 hours of the day.

Today's revenue still way down and traffic stats just suck. Its impossible to blame it on the holiday season altogether. There is something else that is the root cause. DS better take care of it, or I have to move my entire portfolio from there.

Right now, I am ANGRY, ANGRY, ANGRY ....

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it. When I started this thread on Saturday, revenues were horrible. Sunday was the same (about 50% of what it should be on a Sat / Sun). But today, revenue is on track for a new record. I can't understand this violent up and down pattern. It never used to be like this. As long as it all averages out to the same or more than what I was making before, I'll be happy but I'd sure like to know what is causing it.

Ok, I think I may have found atleast one of the ways all of our revenues can be increased through DomainSponsor...

When I visit any domain name using DomainSponsor, do a search (click one of the keywords), and then click on one of the search results everything is fine up to that point. But once at the site, click the back button in your browser to continue checking the other search results. You'll find that instead of getting taken back to the previous page you were on with all the search results, the visitor gets thrown back to the main default page. Additionally, none of the side links or keyword links accross the top are there anymore. They just disappear.

This has to be extremely frustrating to anyone trying to go through the search results. How would you like it if every time you did a search in google and clicked on a site, you had to go all the way back to the main page again, perform your search all over, and then find where you last looked in the listings.

Email DomainSponsor or call about this. If this were fixed I think we'd all see more clicks and more revenue.

- Jason

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are tired of all the ups and downs and want accurate stats and high revenue, PM me for an invitation to sign up for Hitfarm.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I visit any domain name using DomainSponsor, do a search (click one of the keywords), and then click on one of the search results everything is fine up to that point. But once at the site, click the back button in your browser to continue checking the other search results. You'll find that instead of getting taken back to the previous page you were on with all the search results, the visitor gets thrown back to the main default page. Additionally, none of the side links or keyword links accross the top are there anymore. They just disappear.

This has to be extremely frustrating to anyone trying to go through the search results. How would you like it if every time you did a search in google and clicked on a site, you had to go all the way back to the main page again, perform your search all over, and then find where you last looked in the listings.

Wow.. that sucks! :-(

DS.. what don't you do something about this? It *seems* like it could increase revenue a bit, no!?

As for how the revenue has gone since the change.... only differences I have noticed is that the weekends REALLY suck... but when it gets back to the weekdays, things are MUCH MUCH better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom