Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DomainSponsor or SEDO??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

interdot

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I earn arround 40$ a day in parked domains every day at SEDO. I don't know if domainsponsor is better and can offer me more $$

If someone know, let me know

Thanks!

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interdot said:
Hello,

I earn arround 40$ a day in parked domains every day at SEDO. I don't know if domainsponsor is better and can offer me more $$

Thanks!
There is only one way to find out the answer
Try them!!
Any thing else will be just someone's opinion
Why not try Fabulous and domainhop as well?

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interdot said:
Hello,

Thanks!

ds obviously has better payouts but this always depends on the type of domains..best way is to try them for a while on DS..compare incomes for each dn and deside where to keep. some may convert better at sedo, some on DS
a tip to you is that dn with mostly non us traffic usually convert better at sedo...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think DS would be better, but I have never used Sedo for parking.

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Age old arguement, like Steen said your best bet is to park em for a month and see. There is going to be a big difference however if your traffic is non U.S. and if your not in the DS Premier program.

Personally, my overall portfolio earns me 4x more at SEDO (which from reading other posts is weird) but I also think alot of it has to do with how good you are at choosing keywords.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Test like so......

split the redirection of a domain >

@ > ds
www > sedo
other > dh

see which pays the most for the traffic

I tried this with one domain, and by far sedo paid the most $, more consistently.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As others have said - it depends very much on what the domains are. Some of mine do much better at Sedo, others at DS. I have one in particular that averages $5 a day at Trafficz and only half that at DS or Sedo. Go figure.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to get the higher returns at DomainSponsor, you need to have enough traffic to qualify for Premier status. This is around 1000 uniques/day. Also, in order to obtain the higher RPM (I currently earn around $50/1000 uniques at DS), you must leave your names there long enough for them to optimize. It will take up to 4 weeks for some domains to optimize.

interdot

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 3 domains with over 10,000 uniques a day. All are premium adult names. DS or SEDO?

Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interdot said:
I have 3 domains with over 10,000 uniques a day. All are premium adult names. DS or SEDO?

Thanks

So You have 30 000 uniques daily? adult?
And make $40 in sedo? Thats not much I think

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
In order to get the higher returns at DomainSponsor, you need to have enough traffic to qualify for Premier status. This is around 1000 uniques/day. Also, in order to obtain the higher RPM (I currently earn around $50/1000 uniques at DS), you must leave your names there long enough for them to optimize. It will take up to 4 weeks for some domains to optimize.

1000 uniques / day? all type-in ?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interdot said:

Thanks

For adult..Fabulous.com is probably a better choice.

But I use DS premier as well and its doing very well...

Plus both Fab and DS take very good care of me when I need a hand with something.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tmscheng said:
1000 uniques / day? all type-in ?

They don`t have to be type-ins.

interdot

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's 3 names together that bring 10,000 uniques total.

A.G - Type in

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interdot said:

Thanks

$40/day divided by 10 thousand uniques/day = $4 RPM (revenue/1000 uniques)

That is lower than the average that I have obtained at Sedo in the past. A lot of your results at Sedo depends on your selection of keywords.

I would expect more like $400/day if you have them at DS. However, it will take some time (to allow optimization to occur) to get to that level. And, it really depends on the quality of your traffic. You could easily earn considerably more or quite a bit less. One thing I like about DS is that you do not have to think about keywords. DS learns what the websurfers are looking for AND what generates the most income for the traffic. It combines that info to serve up links and categories based on up to 3 different keywords.

I just checked my adult domains at DS over the past month (easy to do, as you can create a custom report for any group of domains and get immediate results by domain, with a total)

uniques US revenue
Total 509 152 $61.12

This means that I earned $61 on 0.509 thousand uniques, or an RPM of over $600. However, with so little adult traffic, that could be easily distorted by a few big clicks. Notice that only 30% is US traffic. Most of my adult traffic comes from a single typo of sex.com (hopefully no one has a Trademark on Sex :laugh:)

DS has made some major improvements lately. Even so, when I checked my adult domains over the past 3 months, my overall adult RPM was still over $65.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSponsor has provided the best earnings for my portfolio...by far.

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
they don't have to be type-in but the co still count and give you ppc? sedo won't do that i guess, which co will?

stuff said:
They don`t have to be type-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom