Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DomainSponsor versus other ppc providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have all domains at DomainSponsor for a long time and never tried anyone else in last few years (except GoldKey for two weeks last year for few of my domains).

DomainSponsor revenue is at all time low for this year for the last few weeks and it keeps getting worse. Traffic is also down despite adding more domains which is a bit hard to understand.

I wish I just keep it simple and keep all domains at DomainSponsor where I had generally good results in the past, but its hard to do so as explained above.

I am not sure if moving to other providers will result in net increase in revenue as compared to DoaminSponsor.

I am wondering:

Q1: Has anyone ever had better revenue after moving their portfolio from DS to any other provider? If yes, which provider and what % increase in revenue. Please advise.

Thanks.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i went from DS to Hitfarm and my earnings went up with 200%+

You will need $10,000 in revenue per month to join them..
i

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd try fabulous.com and trafficz.
personally I found DomainSponsor's stats really confusing.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also give dotzup and smartname a try.

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone here was complaining about the low traffic e revenue for this month, don´t remember wich ppc program he uses, but it seems September is a slow month for traffic. It´s happening to me also.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone here was complaining about the low traffic e revenue for this month, don´t remember wich ppc program he uses, but it seems September is a slow month for traffic. It´s happening to me also.

I think it was TrafficClub or TrafficZ. But first 2 weeks of September are normally slow at most PPCs.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had all my domains at DomainSponsor for a long time and never tried anyone else in last few years (except GoldKey for two weeks last year for few of my domains).
I did the same as you, I had my first couple hundred domains at DS for 1 year and was earning $120 bucks a month, I moved them to Revenue Direct and my monthly rev jumped to over $800! I wrote Sam about it and never got a straight answer why.....Your cheating yourself if you dont move them around to other providers, I personally like Sedopro & Domainspa, excellant templates and the payouts are better than RD, DS and Goldkey by far.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow Eva...thats an eye opener........$120 to $800

I will look more in to ther providers now.

Thanks for sharing.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's sad how bad DS is these days... they've sucked (for me anyway) ever since they converted to their primary CPA model/joined revenue.net .. they used to be top dogs BY FAR & were always inovating.. oh well; plenty of other choices around nowadays! :-D

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to see some good results from Sedo's new parking system. I was a bit pissed for the first 2 weeks because the min click dropped to .08. But last week I went through and optimize each domain for the best keyword (both RPC and CTP). I'm much happier now :) Just be sure average between the 2 and you'll be fine. MUCH higher RPC available then before.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow Eva...thats an eye opener........$120 to $800
I will look more in to ther providers now. Thanks for sharing.

That was then and this is now, I would not signup for RD now, you can do better with Sedopro and Domainspa, this was a PM I just sent someone that visited this thread.

Revenuedirect.com was a new provider when I moved from DS, my revenue at RD was very impressive, but overtime the rev gradually decreased, I have about 50 domains there now and over 400 at Sedopro and Domainspa, some names do better with certain providers, I have domains at Domainspa that made pennies a day, I moved them to Sedopro and now there making dollars, same story in reverse, names that do bad at Sedopro, do well at Domainspa, you just have to play around with it, Domainspa offers a way to select Sedopro or other providers to recieve traffic from countries that Domainspa or Overture dont allow, so you get it both ways. Sedopro and Domainspa are my favorites out of the many providers I tried.

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The slow slide down in profits at a PPC provider for the same number of clicks seems to be the main justification for moving domains around.
It's strange. I would expect the revenue to slowly decrease on some domains from the fact that they are old sites and the links are slowly being removed. Then, there are the domains that have constant traffic but have this "half life" of revenue with PPC providers. When you switch PPC providers the domain is recharged for a short period of time followed by the same slow slide.

A paranoid person would claim that the PPC was slowly trying to cheat the partner but I am not sure if that is the case. It may be that the pool of advertisers that normally build up in a topic area are being depleted at the PPC. In this case it may be that the PPC is being lazy with their focus on too narrow of topics. This is like using the term "ladder" but not being served ads for "step ladder" which would work just as well.

However it happens, this enforces the behavior for the PPC domainer to begin switching out domains onto different PPC providers. It's a shame as I really like the look of some pages but a switch can recharge a domain.
My PPC providers include Trafficz, Sedo, and DS. Although DS will not be getting any more of my domains. The new Sedo pages look much better along with TrafficZ. I might consider adding Fabulous into the mix. I want my pages to have a certain visual quality to them no matter where I switch them to.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I parked a lot of domains with DS but once received their famous e-mail regarding traffic quality ( http://www.dnforum.com/thread114655.html - "Nasty e-mails from Domainsponsor" ). Naturally, nobody at DS bothered to explain or reply to my e-mails. Even though they finally sorted it out and returned my account status back from "NO PAY" to "OK" /I did nothing wrong/, I switched my traffic away from DS during the time I was waiting for their replies - just to find that almost each and every domain I have can be monetized better elsewhere (Sedo, Fabulous or Skenzo just to name a few).
DS may be good for hard-to-categorize domains though (abcd.com etc) - at least there would be popunder revenue and, after the auto-optimisation is complete, optimised DS landing page may help to find better keywords for parking the domain elsewhere.
The latest change at DS - they were forced by google to show non-paying generic search results together with commercial ones - caused revenue decrease. However, I started to receive unexpected traffic to some of my not-parked developed domains, and the referrers are sp.information.com , searchportal.information.com ...

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now Fabulous is tops on my list. They have just implimented a new platform that auto-optimizes custom landers!!

Sedopro #2

Bodis #3

Trafficz #4

IMHO

NameJerry

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey. why not try DNParking.com?

Some of my domains are doing good there, but I am still in the further expectation for more traffic and higher share from them...........:lol:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm the only one here trying NameDrive?

I only have a few name left at ND, and that's simply because I am to lazy to move them. I moved a few adult names from ND to Skenzo and they are now making about 15 times the money.

Once I have time and feel like, I will move the domains around a bit more to see were I can get the better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom